West State Street

Glance at Yesteryear

This photo, taken circa 1936, shows West State Street in downtown Milwaukee, near the BMO Harris Bradley Center site. The building at 328 W. State St. that housed Central Radio Distributors is now gone, the site of a present-day parking lot. The building at 324-326 W. State St. was built in 1885 and for many years was the home of Accurate Key & Lock. It is now vacant. Plans to convert it into a tavern were announced last year but have not moved forward.

— This photo is from the Milwaukee Public Museum’s Photo Archives collection.

Sign up for BizTimes Daily Alerts

Stay up-to-date on the people, companies and issues that impact business in Milwaukee and Southeast Wisconsin

No posts to display