General Contact Information: 375 Buffalo St., 53085, (920) 467-7900
Comprehensive Plan: A committee is in the process of being formed for “Smart Growth” and will start meeting later this year or shortly after the first of the year. This will result in a Comprehensive Plan for Sheboygan Falls.
Basic process of approval or denial of a development plan: Plan Commission Meeting with eventual recommendation for (Approval or Denial) to Common Council. Includes Public Hearing Process if necessary. Final-Common Council Approval or Denial at Council Meeting.
TIF Districts: Sheboygan Falls just completed amending an existing TIF District by adding a 72 acre parcel for Business Park Development. There are currently a number of parties interested in constructing Commercial/Business Buildings in this Business Park Development.
Redevelopment Aid: None Available.
– Newly completed: 2 Banks, New 40 Assisted Living Home, 2 Unit Strip Mall, Aurora Clinic in Strip Mall Building.
– Proposed: 69-room Guest House Hotel & Suites Building with Future Restaurant; Office Building in New Business Park
1) Business, Institutional, Office or Retail & Additions, $2.50/1000cubic ft.
2) Manufacturing, Industrial, & Additions, $2.00/1000cubic ft.
3) Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC – all have separate permits and fees.
Time Schedule for Plan Approval: The City of Sheboygan Falls estimates the time from initial review to final approval to be about 60 days. State Approved Plans are required for all commercial/industrial buildings prior to permits being issued.
Building or Growth Moratoria: There are no building or growth moratoria in place now however, with recent completion of numerous apartment complexes, the plan commission currently looks unfavorable upon new apartments probably for the next year.
Environmental Issues: None specifically listed.
Single Family Development: There is not a single department that walks the developer through the development process. Relevant departments include: Building Inspection, City Engineering, Plan Commission, and Common Council.