- Saturday, Sept. 10 The National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin will host its annual walk at Mitchell Park, 524 S. Layton Blvd. in Milwaukee. Check in starts at 8 a.m. and the walk will start at 10 a.m. Registration is now open at www.kidneywalk.org
- Sunday, Sept. 11 The Pregnancy Support Connection, in partnership with Healthy Families of Waukesha will host it’s first annual 5K Run/Walk at Frame Park in Waukesha from 9a.m. to 12 p.m. Cost to register is $20 per person or $35 for families. For more information visit: http://www.pregnancy-support.org/5k-run-walk
- Tuesday, Sept. 13 and Wednesday, Sept. 14 The Wisconsin Nonprofits Association will host its 2011 Summit and Annual Meeting at the Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way in Madison. The Summit, Building our Advocacy Voice, will feature workshops on engaging team members, calculating program costs to leverage resources for mission impact, and overview of what’s next for nonprofits under the Wisconsin state budget, effectively engaging board members and much more. Cost to attend both days is $139 for members or $199 for nonmembers prior to Wednesday, Aug. 31 and includes choices of pre-summit workshops, workshops, breakfast, lunch and an opening reception. For more information or to register, visit www.wisconsinnonprofits.org.
- Thursday, Sept. 15 The Milwaukee Center for Independence will host a conference entitled: Innovation and Imagination: Advances in Assistive Technologies from 1 to 4 p.m. at the MCFI Conference Center, 2020 W. Wells St. New applications for technology are being developed every day, especially in the field of assistive devices for people living with disabilities. Attendees will learn about the latest advances in assistive technologies from some of the area’s leading experts. Michelle Johnson, associate professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Medical College of Wisconsin will be the keynote speaker of the event. Other presentations on the advanced Lofstrand Crutch System and advancing universal design as a complement to assistive technology in education. Conference fees are $20 a person and include refreshments and all materials. For information about registration, including any special accommodations needed, contact Qadira Oliver, Director of Community Relations and External Affairs, MCFI, at (414) 937-2188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, Sept. 20 The American Marketing Association will host its monthly luncheon event at the Italian Conference Center, 631 E. Chicago St. from 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Chellee Siewert, vice president of marketing for the Milwaukee Wave will present on the 2010 Milwaukee Wave’s charitable jersey program. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about partnering with charities to grow their business and come away with strategies for how to apply the Milwaukee Wave’s success to their own company. Cost to attend is $45 for nonmembers or $35 for members. To register, click here.
- Monday, Sept. 26 The Milwaukee Bucks are partnering once again with the Wisconsin Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, for the 20th annual Milwaukee Bucks Golf Tournament to benefit CFF, at Ozaukee Country Club. This event provides a unique opportunity for participants to join Milwaukee Bucks players, alumni, staff and coaches for an 18-hole scramble, which includes on-course contests, raffles and food. Post-golf evening festivities feature a dinner reception including Q&A session with Bucks General Manager John Hammond. Exclusive raffles and auctions throughout the day and evening will include sports memorabilia, trips and other items. In celebration of 20 years of support, the CF Foundation is honoring the Milwaukee Bucks with the Outstanding Corporate Partner Award in 2011. Since its inception, the Milwaukee Buck’s Golf Tournament has raised more than $1 million for CFF. The cost to attend is $2,500 per foursome and includes everything. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m., followed by a noon shotgun start. Visit the event webpage at: http://wisconsin.cff.org/MilwaukeeBucksGolf.
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin will host its third annual Thought Leaders Luncheon at Potawatomi Bingo Casino from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Leslie Crutchfield, co-author of the book Forces for Good: The Six Practices of High-Impact Nonprofits and leading authority on effective philanthropy, social entrepreneurship and nonprofit leadership and management will be the keynote speaker. Cost to attend is $50 for individuals or $1000 for a corporate sponsorship. For more information or to register, please visit www.eastersealswise.com or contact Chris Cornolo at 414-449-4444 x254.