Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 09:07 am
Nine Wisconsin residents made the list. They include:
- John Menard Jr., founder of Menards, $9.3 billion net worth
- Herbert Kohler Jr. and family, Kohler Company, $7.3 billion
- Diane Hendricks, Hendricks Holding Compay and ABC Supply Co., $5.1 billion
- H. Fisk Johnson, Imogene Powers Johnson, S. Curtis Johnson, Helen Johnson-Leipold, S.C. Johnson & Son, $3.3 billion each
- James Cargill, Cargill Inc., $3.2 billion
- Judy Faulkner, Epic Systems, $2.4 billion
Others with Wisconsin ties who made the list include:
- Jamie Dinan, Milwaukee Bucks co-owner, $2 billion
- Marc Lasry, Milwaukee Bucks co-owner, $1.7 billion
- David Einhorn, Nicolet High School graduate and founder of New York hedge fund Greenlight Capital, $1.4 billion
- John Morgridge, Wauwatosa native who is the former CEO of Cisco and a major donor to the University of Wisconsin-Madison, $1 billion
The top five billionaires in the U.S., according to Forbes, are: Bill Gates, Microsoft, $75 billion; Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway, $60.8 billion; Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com, $45.2 billion; Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, $44.6 billion; and Larry Ellison, Oracle, $43.6 billion.
Presidential candidate Donald Trump’s net worth is $4.5 billion, according to Forbes.