General Contact Information: W182S8200 Racine Ave., 53150-0749, (262) 679-4136, (262) 679-5614 (fax)
Comprehensive Plan: Yes, a copy is available in the CARW library. The City of Muskego has started work on their 2020 Comprehensive Plan that will be Smart Growth compliant.
Basic process of approval or denial of a development plan: The Planning Department recommends that each applicant schedule a pre-submittal meeting, at which time the steps for their proposal will be identified. Next is the Plan Commission submittal, which may go to the Common Council if a rezoning, CSM, or Plat is involved. Also, the plans may go to other committees for recommendation if needed.
TIF Districts: Two that are working at present for redevelopment purposes.
TIF No. 8 (2002) Located in the city’s downtown area at the corners of Janesville Road, Lannon Drive, and Parkland Drive. This district was modified in 2005 and at that time there were some parcels added and removed from the district.
TIF No. 9 (2003) While the County reconstructs Janesville Road, this TIF was created to run a water main through the area and to bury some electrical utility lines. Located along Racine Avenue and Moorland Road going East through Test Corners Intersection.
There is a possible new TIF in the works for the Moorland Road Corridor area.
– Walgreen’s a 14,820 sq. ft. building, building construction started in mid 2007. It is being developed by the Redmond Company, located at Sandalwood Drive and Janesville Road.
– RAS Appliance a 34,826 sq. ft. building, Plan Commission approved but building permits have not been submitted. It is being developed by Venture Development, located in the Muskego Industrial Park at the end of Enterprise Drive.
– Atonement Lutheran Church a 14,715 sq. ft. building, Plan Commission approved but building permits have not been approved yet. It is being developed by Vanman Architects and Builders, located near Janesville Road on Martin Drive.
– R.D. Meyer Mini-Storage Units a 14,800 sq. ft. in 2 storage buildings, building construction started on early 2007. It is being developed by R.D. Meyer & Associates, located on Tess Corners Drive, north of Janesville Road.
– Gingerbread House, conversion into a coffee shop and bakery, construction started in early 2007. Located at the corner of Moorland Road and College Avenue at the Muskego/New Berlin border.
1) Plan Commission Review Fee- new $200; amendment $100 (Conditional Use and Rezonings have additional fees)
2) Zoning Permit Fee – new $25
3) Zoning Permit Fee – additions & alterations $20
4) Minimum Building Fee $50
5) Occupancy Permit
a. Industrial-new building $200; change of use $125
6) Business, Office, Commercial – new & additions $0.28/sq. ft.
7) Manufacturing, Industrial, Warehouses, Factories $0.2/sq. ft.
Time Schedule for Plan Approval: If only a Plan Commission approval is needed, it takes about a month unless a public hearing is required. If PC and Council approvals are needed, then it takes about 1 and half months.
Building or Growth Moratoria: There are currently no building or growth moratoria in place.
Environmental Issues: The City of Muskego notes normal wetland and floodplain issues as possible environmental concerns. Other environmental lands as identified by the City’s adopted Park and Conservation Plan.
Single Development Department: Yes, the Planning Department is the single department that leads the developer through the process. The Building Department gets involved at the building permit stage.
Internet Connection: www.gomuskego.com
– Full Municipal Code
– Basic Map & Zoning Map
– Permit Forms including: Building Site & Operation Plan, Signs, Conditional Use, Certified Survey Map, and Rezoning among others.
– Current Developments link
– 2010 Comprehensive Plan,
– Current Land Use Map, 2010 Land Use Map
– Continuous Updates of City Ordinances
– Industrial Park Information
– Directory & Deed Restrictions/Rules
– Contact Information