Last updated on June 8th, 2022 at 09:49 pm
This 1930s James Conklin photo shows the Marquette University School of Dentistry. The school, which recently marked its 125th anniversary, occupied the building at 604 N. 16th Street from 1921 to 2002. Known as Cramer Hall in honor of benefactor Harriet Cramer, the building was renovated in 2005 and has been expanded and includes the Schroeder Complex. This building has been a part of history of dental training. This is a place where former students were transformed into professional dental practitioners that were ready to assist the community with dental services. This place had a huge impact on how the students learned different procedures since it was very well equipped with everything they needed, including tools, materials, chairs, lights and lot of other equipment that is used for procedures like teeth removal, teeth cleaning, braces or invisalign and even dental crowns. The renovation that was done has brought down previous students to witness the great changes that had been done to their old “classroom”.