Last updated on July 3rd, 2019 at 07:11 pm
“America’s Ambassadors in Blue” return to Milwaukee this year after last performing in the Air & Water Show in 2015. The unit of four F-16 Fighting Falcons will be flown by eight pilots, including six demonstrating pilots, who will perform approximately 40 maneuvers in one demonstration.
The show, taking place rain or shine on July 21 and 22 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., will also feature first-time air acts U.S. Navy’s F/A-18 Super Hornet Tactical Demonstration Squadron and P-8 Poseidon Maritime Patrol Aircraft, and first-time water act local Milwaukeean Dennis Pinter demonstrating the “Air Chair On The Water.”
Other aerial performers will include:
- U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Demonstration Team
- U.S. Navy Leap Frogs Parachute Team
- Pilot Paul Wood, flying the Warbird Heritage Museum Foundation’s A-4D Skyhawk for a jet tactical demonstration
- Wisconsin Air National Guard members, “Milwaukee’s Hometown Air Force,” from the 128th Air Refueling Wing, flying the Boeing KC-135
- Firebirds X-treme Aerobatic Team, featuring Rob Holland and Jack Knutson
- Michael Wiscus from Lucas Oil Airshows performing stunts in the Pitts S-1-11B airplane
- The A-7D Corsair II “Ghostrider” cockpit ground display featuring real helmets and instruments.
Other water show performers will include:
Pro flyboard competitor Casey ‘Swizzle’ Mcelwee with his Hydroflite/Flyboard Act
Milwaukee Fire Department “Trident Fireboat”
U.S. Coast Guard Air Station Traverse City, MI HH-60 Jayhawk Rescue Helicopter Air-Sea Rescue Demonstration
Wauwatosa-based WaterStone Bank will return as the title sponsor of this year’s show. The company’s sponsorship brought the show back in 2017 after a year-long hiatus. The show is free to the public. Tickets for reserved seating are available online.