Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 10:04 am
Marcus Hotels & Resorts in Milwaukee has announced that it will donate 10 percent of the revenue earned from the hotel restaurants, lounges and bars on Monday, April 13, to the Humane Society in honor of Victoria Wellens, former executive director, who passed away recently.
Wellens died in late March at the age of 58 following a battle with cancer. She served as executive director for the Humane Society for the last 15 years. She was an advocate for animals in general, fighting against puppy mills, and campaigning for the welfare of feral cats.
Before her death, Wellen also began laying plans for a new facility in Ozaukee County. The Humane Society hopes to fulfill that mission in the future.
The restaurants and bars located inside the Hilton Milwaukee City Center, The Pfister Hotel, and the InterContinental Milwaukee will participate in the donation on April 13 from 7 to 10 p.m. The revenue generated at the venues will be given to the Wisconsin Humane Society in Wellen’s name. Those businesses participating in the donation include:
- Kil@wat Restaurant, 139 E. Kilbourn Ave
- Mason Street Grill, 425 E. Mason St
- Milwaukee ChopHouse, 509 W. Wisconsin Ave
- Miller Time Pub, 509 W. Wisconsin Ave
- CLEAR, 139 E. Kilbourn Ave
- Café at the Pfister, 424 E. Wisconsin Ave
- The Café at the Hilton, 509 W. Wisconsin Ave
- The Rouge , Sunday brunch 424 E. Wisconsin Ave
- Blu Lounge, at The Pfister 424 E. Wisconsin Ave
- Lobby Lounge at The Pfister, 424 E. Wisconsin Ave
- Zenden at InterContinental Milwaukee, 139 E. Kilbourn Ave