Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 09:57 am
The Rotary Club of Milwaukee and Discovery World-Pier Wisconsin recently announced the lineup for its third season of Live @ the Lakefront. The free concert series runs every Wednesday night through Wednesday, September 1 in the outdoor Rotary Amphitheater at Discovery World, Pier Wisconsin, 500 North Harbor Drive.
“It’s incredible to be presenting our third season of LIVE @ the Lakefront,” said Dan Nelson, Jr., co-chairman of Rotary’s Maritime Committee. “The Rotary Club of Milwaukee is proud to partner with Discovery World and Bartolotta’s to bring this original music series back to one of the most beautiful and relaxing venues in Milwaukee. The outdoor location of the Rotary Amphitheater literally right on the
water could not be better suited for a free summer concert series. Milwaukee has a strong original music heritage, and a lakefront that doesn’t have enough opportunities to be appreciated. With the LIVE @ the Lakefront concert series, we are grateful we can create more free access to both for all Milwaukeeans.”
The nine week concert series will feature original jazz, salsa, reggae, and bluegrass music and catered food and beverages for purchase from The Bartolotta Restaurant Group. Discounted parking is available for $5 in the Discovery World garage and boaters can also dock next to Lakeshore State Park. The concert series will be held rain or shine.
The musical line up will include
- July 14: Kojo-reggae blended with calypso, ska, and soca.
- July 21: Bahia- Puerto Rican folk music and Cuban rhythms.
- July 28: Unity 2010 WAMI Group of the Year-reggae
- August 4: Los Ciegos del Barrio, or “The Blind Boys from the Neighborhood,”-Latin originals
- August 11: Salt Creek -bluegrass, roots rock and country flair.
- August 18: Nabori –authentic salsa brava
- August 25: Blueheels
- September 1: The Juli Wood Quartet -classic jazz