Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 09:55 am
Deadline for submitting nominations for 2010 BizTimes Health Care Heroes Awards is fast approaching
Do you know someone who is making a positive difference on the front lines of health care? The deadline is approaching for submitting nominations for the 2010 BizTimes Health Care Heroes Awards, honoring companies, individuals and organizations for their contributions to improving health care in southeastern Wisconsin.
Health Care Heroes Awards honor those who epitomize the spirit embodied in the word “hero” in the delivery of health care to the community. The goals of the program are to recognize excellence, promote innovation, encourage emulation of successful programs, educate the general public, contribute to the enhancement of the value and quality of health care and, ultimately, give recognition to those deserving.
Entries will be judged on accomplishments in the following categories:
- Corporate Achievement in Health Care – Honors a company that has successfully implemented an innovative health benefits plan or a company that has solved an acknowledged problem in health care administration. Judges will consider the uniqueness of a benefits plan, its popularity among enrollees, its cost-effectiveness, the complexity of the problem solved and the effectiveness of the solution or solutions.
- Advancements in Health Care – Honors a company, organization or individual primarily responsible for a scientific discovery or for development of a new procedure, device or service that can save lives or improve quality of life. Judges will consider the potential impact of the innovation.
- Community Service – Honors an individual or organization for leadership in focusing on solving a particular health care issue.
- Physician – Honors a physician whose performance on the job is considered exemplary by patients and peers. Judges will consider evidence of positive clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction and testimonials from peers and administrators.
- Nurse – Honors an individual from the nursing field whose performance on the job is considered exemplary by patients, peers and physicians.
- Elder Care – Honors a medical professional who provides health services for the elderly. This individual demonstrates leadership and expertise not only in their day-to-day medical care but also demonstrates compassion and acts as an advocate for the patient. This category includes individuals who are licensed health professionals employed with in-home care service providers, elder care service providers and hospices.
- Health Care Staff – Honors an individual who works in the health care field and is committed to providing quality comfort and care. Winners could include therapists, technical s upport staff, specialists, certified nursing assistants, activity assistants, caregivers, etc.
- Volunteer – Honors an individual who has done volunteer work for the good of one or more people or the entire community. Involvement can be past and/or present.
Nominees must perform their service in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Kenosha, Racine, Walworth, Ozaukee, Washington or Sheboygan counties.
Recipients of the Health Care Heroes Awards will be profiled in a special section of an upcoming issue of BizTimes Milwaukee and will be honored at a breakfast on Thursday, Dec. 9, at Boerner Botanical Gardens in Franklin.
To nominate a person or an organization for a Health Care Heroes Award, visit www.biztimes.com/hero.