Henry Bergh sculpture

Glance at Yesteryear

con-glance-091916-berghThis photo, taken circa 1934 by James Conklin, shows Boy Scouts posing in front of the Henry Bergh sculpture outside Milwaukee City Hall. The bronze statue shows Bergh, founder of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, petting an injured dog. It was created in 1891 and originally was placed atop an animal watering trough downtown. It is now displayed at the Wisconsin Humane Society in Milwaukee.

—This photo is from the Milwaukee Public Museum’s Photo Archives collection. Additional images can be viewed online at www.mpm.edu.

Sign up for BizTimes Daily Alerts

Stay up-to-date on the people, companies and issues that impact business in Milwaukee and Southeast Wisconsin

No posts to display