BizTimes Media LLC will host the annual Northern Trust Economic Trends Breakfast on Thursday, Jan. 29, at the Italian Community Center in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward.
The 2015 conference will provide business leaders with a sneak peek of the year ahead in business. Panelists will provide insights about the emerging trends in manufacturing, business technology, logistics, biomedical advancements, the housing market and more.
The featured panelists will include:
* Michael Knetter, Ph.D., an economist and president of the University of Wisconsin Foundation. Knetter serves as a research associate for the National Bureau of Economic Research. He serves as a consultant to the International Monetary Fund. He previously served as an associate dean of the MBA program and professor of international economics in the Amos Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College. He also served as a senior staff economist for the Council of Economic Advisors for former Presidents George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton. Knetter will provide his annual macro-economic outlook for the year ahead.
* Tina Chang, chief executive officer of SysLogic Inc., Brookfield. Chang will speak about the emerging trends in information technology for businesses.
* Tom Still, president of the Wisconsin Technology Council. Still will provide an update about Wisconsin’s growing biomed economy and trends among start-up businesses in the state.
* Keith Rozolis, president and CEO of ABC Supply Co. Inc., Beloit. Rozolis will speak about what lies ahead in the housing market and the latest trends in logistics.
* Todd Teske, chief executive officer of Briggs & Stratton Corp., Wauwatosa. Teske will discuss the emerging trends in manufacturing, including automation and robotics, as well as some of the prevailing retail trends.
The 2015 Northern Trust Economic Trends Breakfast will be followed by breakout sessions for business leaders. To register to attend the 2015 Northern Trust Economic Trends Breakfast to be presented by BizTimes Media, visit biztimes.com/trends.