Director of Public Works
General Contact Information: 416 Fredonia Ave., 53021, (262) 692-9179, (262) 692-2883 (fax)
Comprehensive Plan: The Village of Fredonia is into their vision 20/20 Plan. The plan was completed July 2004. Copies are available at $25.00 a copy at the Village Hall.
Basic process of approval or denial of a development plan:
• 1st Preliminary Consultation with Plan Commission
• 2nd Impact Analysis
• 3rd Preliminary Plat Submittal
• 4th Plat Review by all permitting and reviewing authorities
• 5th Engineering Plans
• 6th Restrictive Covenants
• 7th Final Plat
• 8th Developers Agreement
• 9th Letter of Credit
TIF No. 1 (1995) An Industrial Park located on the south side of town.
Beginning Value (1995) $1,265,500;
Current Value (2007) $20,859,300.00
Redevelopment Aid: In terms of redevelopment aid, the village uses a Revolving Loan Fund.
– Metal Werx @ 8,750 s.f.
– Midwest Precision @ 12,000 s.f.
– Brian Ward @ 7,200 s.f.
1) Minimum permit fee for all permits $50
2) Multi family Residence $.28/sq. ft.
3) Residence Additions $.28/sq. ft.
4) Business Addition $.26/sq. ft.
5) Permit to start construction footings and foundations
a) Multi family $210
b) One and two family $160
6) Wrecking and Interior Demolition $50
7) Moving buildings over public ways $175+.06/sq. ft.
8) Re-inspection $50
9) Plan examination
a) One and two family $175
b) Multi family $225+$20/u
Time Schedule for Plan Approval: The typical amount of time from the submittal to final approval of a development plan is anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.
Building of Growth Moratoria: The Village of Fredonia does not have moratoria at this time.
Environmental Issues: Fredonia has wetland issues in addition to environmental corridors.
Single Development Department: There is not a single department that is with the developer throughout the process. Relevant departments include Engineering, the Plan Commission, the Architectural Control Board and the Village Board.