Foxconn Technology Group announced $83 million in construction contracts for three bid packages on Wednesday.
The company is in the process of building a nearly 1 million-square-foot LCD fabrication facility in Mount Pleasant. While vertical construction began earlier this year, the project is far from fulfilling the vision of a 22 million-square-foot manufacturing campus Foxconn originally laid out when it chose Wisconsin in 2017.
The company says it has awarded more than $250 million in contracts.
“Foxconn is pleased to be making another significant investment in the construction of North America’s first and only TFT-LCD advanced manufacturing facility,” said Nelson Liu, General Manager of Foxconn’s Gen 6 Fab construction project. “After beginning vertical construction last month, we’re thrilled to be continuing our progress at the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park as we work towards our planned operational date next year.”
The sixteen awards included three partnerships or joint ventures. When Foxconn and GilbaneǀExyte announced the company’s Wisconsin First plan for the construction of Foxconn’s Mount Pleasant campus they encouraged the creation of partnerships to provide opportunities to woman and minority owned firms and Wisconsin companies
Award recipients included:
- Materials Testing Civil Work: Giles Engineering Inc., Waukesha
- Concrete Slab on Grade and Slab on Deck Work: CD Smith Construction, Fond Du Lac
- Masonry Work FAB: CD Smith
- Miscellaneous Metals and Stairs Work: Badger Railing, Milwaukee
- Structural Studs, Sheathing and Exterior Carpentry Work: Thorne Associates, Chicago (Thorne Associates has partnered with Hetzel – Sanfilippo, Inc. of Pewaukee and JCP Construction of Milwaukee)
- Roofing Work: CLS Racine LLC, Racine (CLS Racine is a tri-venture between Carlson Racine Roofing & Sheetmetal of Racine, Langer Roofing and Sheetmetal of Milwaukee and SRS Roofing & Sheetmetal of Waterford)
- Curtainwall, Translucent Panels, Metal Panels and Barrier Work: Crown Corr Inc, Gary, IN (Crown Corr has partnered with Construction Supply and Erecting of Milwaukee)
- Signage Northeast Masterplan: Poblocki Sign Company LLC, West Allis
- Overhead Doors and Loading Dock Equipment: Arbon Equipment Northcentral, Milwaukee
- Site Lighting for FAB and Northeast Masterplan: Aldridge Electric Inc, Waukesha
- Telecommunication and Electrical Ductbank Work: Aldridge Electric Inc.
- Site Concrete for FAB Work: A.W. Oakes & Son, Inc, Racine
- Asphalt Paving for FAB Work: Payne & Dolan Inc, Kenosha
- Landscaping Work for FAB and Northeast Master Plan: Hoffman Construction Company, Black River Falls
- Excavation and Storm Water Work FAB Civil: Edgerton–Peterson JV LLC (Edgerton-Peterson is a joint venture between Edgerton Contractors Inc of Oak Creek and James Peterson Son, Inc of Medford, WI)
- Site Utilities Work FAB Civil: Edgerton–Peterson JV LLC