Twenty-one companies are nominated for the 2013 Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Awards.
The nominees are divided into three categories: Small (1-49 employees), Medium (50-99) and Large (100+) companies.
Nominees represent first through fifth generation companies and include several general and specialty construction companies, hospitality, manufacturing, media, and business services. The oldest company started operations in 1890 as a newspaper.
The nominees are:
* Automation Components, Inc. – Middleton.
* JF Brennan Company, Inc. – La Crosse.
* Cleary Building Corp. – Verona.
* Dave Jones Plumbing, Inc. – Madison.
* Energy Performance Lighting – Cottage Grove.
* Hitt Studios, Inc. – New Berlin.
* J&K Security Solutions – Madison.
* Lindus Construction – Baldwin.
* Morgan Murphy Media – WISC-TV – Madison.
* Northern Concrete Construction, Inc. – Denmark.
* Peterson Wood Treating – Superior.
* Pioneer Ford Sales, Ltd. – Platteville.
* Planet Wise, Inc. – New Glarus.
* Ron’s Refrigeration – Wisconsin Rapids.
* Seljan Company, Inc. – Lake Mills.
* Michael F. Simon Builders – Waunakee.
* Spierings Specialty Molded Products, Inc. – Blair.
* State Collection Service, Inc. – Madison.
* TASC – Total Administrative Services Corporation– Middleton.
* Van’s Lumber – Luxemburg.
* Von Rutenberg Ventures – Waunakee.
The winners will be selected by a panel of independent judges based on criteria including: positive links between family and business, contribution to community and industry, and innovative practices. The winners will be announced at a banquet on Thursday, May 9, at the Madison Marriott West in Middleton. The banquet is open to the public.
For more information on the program and the banquet, visit www.familybusinessaward.com.