Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 09:58 am
Downtown Marketing Group and BID #21s Marketing Committee recently selected the 2009 Downtown Achievement Award winners from a pool of community nominations. The 2009 Downtown Achievement Award recipients were:
- Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, Brick and Mortar Award, for constructing the first new downtown hotel since 2001 and one of the first catalytic projects in the Park East Corridor.
- Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, CPR Award, for its $19+ million makeover which revamped Downtown Milwaukee’s second largest hotel from top to bottom.
- Milwaukee Holiday Lights Festival Jingle Bus, Showcase Award, for helping to make Downtown Milwaukee a regional attraction during the holidays by servicing approximately 109 riders per hour.
- Cindy Moran, president and founder of ArtSpin, Downtown Cheerleader Award, for creating a forum for Milwaukee’s visual and performing arts groups to share ideas, promote collaboration and communicate the economic impact of the city’s cultural arts.
- Mark Buetow, Former MPD Community Liaison Office, Special Recognition Award, for ongoing dialogue between the Milwaukee Police Department and the Downtown business community, and exemplifying public service throughout his 12 years with District 1.
- Janet Kusko, Former Milwaukee Downtown, BID #21 Board Member, Special Recognition Award, for 12 years of service to Milwaukee Downtown BID #21 and for dedication to the ongoing revitalization of Downtown Milwaukee.