Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 09:56 am
- Thursday, Aug. 12 The Waukesha County Chamber of Commerce and Independent Business Association will host a Networking After Five event with Milwaukee and Waukesha County business leaders and elected officials from 5 to 7 p.m. at Naga-Waukee Park, the site of Waukesha Rotary’s Blues Fest. An invite has been extended to all challengers and incumbents in the upcoming election. As a preview to Waukesha Rotary’s BluesFest to be held at Naga-Waukee Park the next day, District Attorney Brad Schimel and his band, “4 on the Floor,” will provide entertainment beginning at 6:15 p.m. Cost to attend is $15, which includes appetizers provided by Seven Seas Restaurant. Registration can be found at waukesha.org.
- Saturday, Aug. 14 YP Impact has partnered with the Waukesha County Chamber of Commerce Young professionals group to assist the New Berlin Lions Club with its corn roast stand at the Wisconsin State Fair on Saturday, Aug. 14 from 5 to 11 p.m. Volunteers will lend a hand by preparing and serving corn for state fair attendees. All proceeds will assist the New Berlin Lions Club with many worthwhile projects in the community. Soda, water and food will be provided to all volunteers. Registration and additional important information can be found online at www.ypimpact.org .
- Friday, Aug. 20 The Independent Business Association of Wisconsin will host U.S. Senate Candidate Ron Johnson at the Wisconsin Club from 7:30 to 9 a.m. Cost to attend is $25 for members and $35 for non-members. Registration is available at www.ibaw.com.
- Thursday, Aug. 26 Wauwatosa-based Clifton Gunderson LLP will host a free online webinar titled “Five Tax Saving Ideas for 2010,” at 10 a.m. CG tax and financial experts will illustrate tax savings ideas and teach you tips and solid strategies on unique opportunities for savings including: accelerating income into 2010, planning for increased labor costs beyond 2010, converting to a Roth IRA, adjusting your portfolio in response to higher taxes after 2010 and techniques to reduce or even zero –out your taxable wealth transfer Registration is required for the one-hour webinar and can be done at www.cliftoncpa.com/resources/events. One Continuing Professional Education credit is available.
- Thursday, Sept. 2 through Sunday, Sept. 5 Harley-Davidson Dealers of Metro Milwaukee will host its Tenth Annual Milwaukee Rally. Comedian, Gallagher perform a free show on Water St., in downtown Milwaukee at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 4. The 2010 Rally will feature activities at the four local Harley-Davidson dealer locations, custom bike show at the Harley-Davidson Museum, a National Sale Bike Corral – a place to sell/buy used bikes, local and national entertainment, and street parties.