Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 10:01 am
Upcoming events and networking opportunities you should know about
- Thursday, Dec. 10 BMA Holiday Party at New Berlin Hills Golf Course, 13175 W Graham St. in New Berlin from 6 until 9:30 p.m. Network and enjoy a cash bar, appetizers, music, a silent auction and more. Guests are encouraged to bring an unwrapped toy for children of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin. Registration for event is required and is open to all BMA members, guests and significant others. Cost to attend is $25 for BMA Members before Monday, Dec. 7 and $35 for nonmembers before Monday, Dec. 7. To register visit: http://www.bma-milwaukee.org/events/2009/12/holiday-party.aspx
- Thursday, Dec. 10 Clifton Gunderson will present a free webinar for chief financial officers, plan administrators and human resource professionals entitled Employee Benefits Update: two challenges, two solutions for 2010. The webinar will be presented twice at 10 a.m. and again at 2 p.m. Throughout the session you will learn about common operational defects related to employee benefit plans, how to solve those defects, and what impact the economy has had on employee benefit plans. Registration is required and can be done at www.cliftoncpa.com/resources/events. For questions about the event, please contact Deana Mary at (888) 778-9588.
- Saturday, Dec. 12 Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport will host a free party for families of Wisconsin Army National Guards from 11a.m.until 3:00 p.m.. The event will include free skyping for families with their loved one, Santa Claus, free toys, snacks and beverages. The hotel is also a collection point for donations for homeless veterans.
- Thursday, Dec 17 The Milwaukee Press Club’s next Newsmaker Luncheon will take place at the NewsRoom Pub, 137 E. Wells St. from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and will feature a discussion on the year ahead in Wisconsin politics. The featured Newsmakers will be Michael Tate, chairman of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin, and Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin. The Newsmakers will discuss the 2010 elections, including the Wisconsin gubernatorial race. Cost to attend is $15 for press club members, $20 for non-members and $10 for students. Registration is required: www.milwaukeepressclub.org
- Tuesday, Dec. 15 The Wisconsin Better Business Bureau will host an application workshop for its annual Business Ethics Torch Award at its office, 10101 W. Greenfield Avenue, suite 125. The awards honor outstanding businesses and charities in several categories based on the outstanding businesses and charities in several categories based on the organization’s number of employees. The workshop will teach businesses what judges are looking for, and allow them to view past winner applications. The application is free, and companies do not need to be a BBB accredited business to apply for the awards. For more information about the Business Ethics Torch Award visit: http://wisconsin.bbb.org/torch/.
- January, 2010 MLT/Instructing Technologies has planned a series of free and low-cost educational seminars throughout 2010. The series will include sneak peeks at new technology and soft skills development. The educational seminars, aptly named "See It, Do It, Learn It," are aimed at showcasing new technology and helping develop new skills for Wisconsin area employees. The training series will begin in January with a sneak peek look at Microsoft(r) Office 2010 and Microsoft(r) Exchange Server 2010. The educational series provides a free lecture and lunch to participants, an optional $99.00 hands-on training session, as well as in-depth course coverage throughout the year. The series will rotate subject matter in the three main areas of training that MLT/Instructing Technologies caters to: technology, applications and soft skills development. The education seminars are open to employees of companies throughout Wisconsin. The seminars will be held at the Waukesha and Appleton locations. Currently scheduled materials include Microsoft(r) Office 2010, Microsoft(r) Exchange Server 2010, Train-the-Trainer, SharePoint 2010, Certified Ethical Hacker, Adobe CS5 and Public Speaking. For up-to-date information on these training seminars, as well as courses currently offered, please visit: www.instructingtechnologies.com<http://www.instructingtechnologies.com or call 262-754-8020.