Upcoming events you should know about
- Thursday, April 5 The Waukesha County Business Alliance will host Alliance Breakfast Club: The Secret Ingredient in a Successful Negotiation Recipe, a presentation by Steve Palec of Cresa Partners in Milwaukee. The event will be held from 7 to 9 a.m. at the Country Springs Hotel, 2810 Golf Road in Pewaukee. Cost to attend is $20 for Alliance Members and $30 for non- members. To register, click here.
- Friday, April 6 Sprecher Brewery will host a Good Friday Fish Fry and a Brewery Tour at 5 and 6 pm, after which guests can enjoy free samples of the award-winning beer
and gourmet soda brewed on site. Saz’s Catering created a sumptuous buffet menu just for this event which includes: Sprecher Pub Ale Fried Cod, Baked Cod and Chicken Fritters; Potato Pancakes, Saz’s Sour Cream and Chive Fries, Fresh Sprecher Bread and Rye Rolls; New England Clam Chowder, Creamy Coleslaw; Tossed Salad; Sprecher Root Beer Cookies and Orange Dream Brownies. Cost to attend is $25.50 plus tax for adults and $11.50 plus tax for children. Gratuity is not included. Guests receive tour, two free seven ounce beer samples and a commemorative glass. Unlimited soda samples and buffet. Additional beer will be available for purchase. Reservations for this feast of flavors are required and should be made by March 23. To make reservations for the Good Friday Fish Fry and Brewery Tour, call the Sprecher Gift Shop:
- Wednesday, April 11 WCTC Hospitality and Culinary Club will present its Night of a White Affair at 6 p.m. in the College’s training restaurant, The Classic Room.
The event includes hors d’oeuvres at 6 p.m. followed by a six-course dinner paired with wines from Two Brothers’ Wines at 6:30 p.m. The event is a fundraiser for students traveling to Italy to participate in a study tour; money raised will help defray costs associated with the trip.
Tickets for the event are $45 per person and reservations are required as seating is limited. Guests are encouraged to wear white attire. For more information and to reserve a seat, contact Bruce Cartwright at 262.691.5303.
- Thursday, April 19 through Friday, April 20 Marquette University will host the inaugural Corporate Communication Commons: Building the Corporate Conscience Conference, which will focus on how businesses can communicate their values to build trust. The two-day conference, co-sponsored by the J. William and Mary Diederich College of Communication and the Arthur W. Page Society, will be held at Johnston Hall and the Alumni Memorial Union. Richard Edelman, president and CEO of global public relations firm Edelman, and Jon Iwata, senior vice president of marketing and communications at IBM, will provide keynote addresses on the relationship between trust and corporate communication strategy. In addition to the keynote speakers, presenters and session leaders include Tom Beall and Bess Bezirgan from Ogilvy &Mather’s social marketing practice; Dr. Sarah Feldner and Scott D’Urso, assistant professors in the Diederich College of Communication; Dr. Katerina Tsetsura, associate professor at the University of Oklahoma; Roger Bolton, president of the Arthur W. Page Society; and Kimberley Goode, vice president of communications at Northwestern Mutual; among others.More information on speakers, a full schedule of events and registration information can be found online here. Cost to attend is $225 per person and includes breakfast, lunch and conference materials.
- Friday, April 20 The IBA will host Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at the Wisconsin Club 900 W. Wisconsin Ave. Abele will discuss how to foster a better business climate in Milwaukee County. Cost is $30 for IBA members and $40 for nonmembers. Visit www.ibaw.com to register or call (608)251-5546.