BizTimes Milwaukee announces the winners of the 2010 Bravo! Entrepreneur Awards.
The Bravo! Entrepreneur Awards honor southeastern Wisconsin business leaders who are boldly leading their companies with vision and innovation.
The winners of the 2010 Bravo! Awards are:
Jim Lindenberg is the winner of the Bravo! Regional Spirit Award. In 2008, Lindenberg sold Pewaukee-based World Class Wire & Cable Inc., the company he founded in 1995, for more than $60 million. Last year, he purchased the Milwaukee Wave indoor soccer team, which was on the verge of going out of business. Lindenberg also started Lindy Enterprises Inc., a business consulting company and the parent company of the Milwaukee Wave, NX Level Sports Performance and his commercial real estate company, JML Holdings, which he has owned since 2005. Lindenberg is also extremely active in the community and currently is a member of numerous academic and charitable boards in the area including: Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Urban Soccer Collaborative, the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Entrepreneurship Advisory Board, UW-Whitewater Business Advisory Board and the Waukesha County Chamber of Commerce. He has donated time and money to North Lake School, the Milwaukee Boys and Girls Club, Lake Country Food Pantries and Children’s Hospital.
- David Spano, founder and president of Brookfield-based Annex Wealth Management LLC.
- Manuel Perez, president and co-owner of Milwaukee-based JNA Staffing.
- Tom Savio, owner of New Berlin-based Caliendo-Savio Enterprises Inc.
- Tim Omer, president of Richfield-based DCI Cheese Company.
- Robert Gross, president and CEO of Brookfield-based Gross Automation.
- Jane Cooper, founder, president and CEO of Milwaukee-based Patient Care.
- Harris Turer, owner of the Milwaukee Admirals Hockey Club.
- Susan Haise, owner of Milwaukee-based Neroli Salon & Spa.
- Norm Yerke, owner of Waukesha-based New Life Ventures LLC. Yerke is a serial entrepreneur who has started/purchases/sold 15 companies since 1985.
- Norine Carlson-Weber, founder of Milwaukee-based Alpha Source Inc.
- Steven Marcus, chairman of The Marcus Corp., was previously announced as the recipient of the 2010 Bravo! Entrepreneur Lifetime Achievement Award.
The winners of the Bravo! Awards will be featured in an upcoming edition of BizTimes Milwaukee and will be honored at an awards luncheon on Thursday, April 29, at the sixth annual BizTech Conference & Expo to be held at Wisconsin State Fair Park.
The luncheon also will honor the winners of the BizTimes IQ Awards for innovation.
The BizTimes awards program will feature opening remarks by Wisconsin Secretary of Commerce Richard Leinenkugel, and a speech about the importance of developing and nurturing a corporate culture of innovation by Fiserv Inc. CEO Jeff Yabuki. The program will conclude with Marcus receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award.
The BizTech Conference & Expo is the largest business-to-business conference in the state. For additional information, visit www.biztimes.com/expo