BizTimes Media is accepting nominations for its Health Care Heroes Awards, which honor individuals and organizations that are making a significant impact on the quality of health care in our area.
The inspirational program recognizes excellence, promotes innovation, encourages emulation of successful programs, educates the general public and contributes to the enhancement of the value and quality of health care.
BizTimes is accepting nominations for the following categories:
- Advancements in Health Care: Honors a company or individual primarily responsible for a scientific discovery or for the development of a new medical product or procedure.
- Behavioral Health: Honors an individual or organization for its leadership, commitment and care on behavioral health issues.
- Community Service: Honors an individual or an organization for leadership in focusing on solving a particular health care issue.
- Corporate Achievement in Health Care: Honors a company that has successfully implemented an innovative health care product, process or service.
- Executive Leadership: Honors a senior-level individual who demonstrates strong skills in leading his or her organization in quality care, collaboration and financial management.
- First Responder: Honors a person who arrived on the scene of a health care emergency, utilizing his or her training to treat and comfort the patient in need.
- Health Care Staff: Honors an individual who has made a significant difference in the wellbeing of others.
- Nurse: Honors an individual from the nursing field whose performance on the job is considered exemplary by patients, peers and physicians.
- Physician: Honors a physician whose performance on the job is considered exemplary by patients and peers.
- Volunteer: Honors an individual who has done volunteer work for the good of one or more people or the entire community.
Nominations will be judged on documented accomplishments, and winners will be notified in early November. All Health Care Heroes Award winners will be profiled in the print and online editions of BizTimes Milwaukee. The winners will be saluted at a breakfast on Friday, Dec. 19, from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee-West in Wauwatosa.
The deadline for nominations is Oct. 17. To nominate a Health Care Hero, click here.