Bravo! Entrepreneur Awards
BizTimes Media has announced the recipients of its 2014 Bravo! Entrepreneur Awards.
The awards honor business leaders who best exemplify the entrepreneurial spirit with bold leadership.
This year’s Bravo! Entrepreneurs are:
- Erik Buell, founder and chief executive officer of Erik Buell Racing LLC (EBR), an East Troy designer and manufacture of sport motorcycles.
- Robert Cowen, president and CEO of Badger Alloys, a Milwaukee-based sand foundry.
- Mike Harris, president and CEO of Patina Solutions, a Brookfield-based business services provider.
- Bill King, president of King Innovative, a Waukesha-based technology and software company.
- Mike Litman, co-founder of Out Of the Box Technology Apps, a Mequon-based mobile application developer.
- Frederick Luber, chairman and owner of Super Steel LLC, a Milwaukee-based manufacturing, engineering, fabrication, assembly and painting company.
- Gale Pence, CEO and founder of Global Precision Industries Inc., a Germantown-based provider of engineered project management, logistics and production expertise.
- Gary Swick, president of Swick Technologies LLC, a New Berlin-based technology services training company.
- Jeff Tredo, principal of Korb Tredo Architects, a Milwaukee-based architectural firm.
The awards will be presented to the winners during the Bravo! Entrepreneur and I.Q. Awards luncheon (biztimes.com/bravo) at the BizExpo (biztimes.com/bizexpo) on Wednesday, May 21, at the Potawatomi Bingo Casino in Milwaukee. The public is invited to attend the luncheon and the BizExpo.
I.Q. Awards for innovation in business
BizTimes Media has announced the recipients of its 2014 I.Q. (Innovation Quotient) Awards.
The awards salute companies for their business innovations and technology.
The I.Q. Awards recipients are:
- Badger Meter Inc., a Brown Deer-based manufacturer that developed BEACON Advanced Metering Analytics, a cellular-based meter reading product.
- Briggs & Stratton Corp., a Wauwatosa-based manufacturer of small engines that developed an “Innovation Showcase” to bring several new products to the marketplace.
- Dynamis Software Corp., a West Allis-based inventor of Dynamic Plan Designer, a cloud-based software system for health insurance brokers.
- Hydro-Thermal Corp., a Waukesha-based manufacturer that invented “The Smart Cooking System.”
- MillerCoors, a brewing company that has developed an exclusive, robust system of environmental sustainability in the brewing process in Milwaukee.
- National Business Furniture, a Milwaukee-based company that opened a new 15,000-square-foot showroom in vacant retail space in The Shops of Grand Avenue in downtown Milwaukee.
- Odyne Systems LLC, a Waukesha-based manufacturer that developed hybrid drive systems for medium and heavy duty vehicles.
- Okanjo, a Milwaukee-based e-commerce service company that provides cloud-based solutions for retailers, small businesses and nonprofit organizations.
- OS Inc., a Pewaukee-based provider of specialized revenue cycle management services for the health care industry, which developed a new “efficientC” program to classify insurance claims for processing in the federal Affordable Care Act.
- Radian Corp., a Brookfield-based inventor of the Heated Chair, an office chair with a built-in, programmable and rechargeable heater.
The I.Q. Awards will be presented during the Bravo! Entrepreneur and I.Q. Awards Luncheon (biztimes.com/bravo) to be held at the BizExpo (biztimes.com/bizexpo) on Wednesday, May 21, at the Potawatomi Bingo Casino in Milwaukee.
Regional Spirit Award goes to Wisconsin Energy
Wisconsin Energy Corp., the Milwaukee-based parent company of We Energies, will be the recipient of the 2014 BizTimes Regional Spirit Award.
Aside from providing natural gas and electricity throughout southeastern Wisconsin, the company is being saluted for its involvement in the civic and business communities.
Wisconsin Energy chief executive officer and chairman Gale Klappa is the co-chairman of the Milwaukee 7 economic development organization, and has served as chairman of the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce and on the executive committee of the Greater Milwaukee Committee. Additionally, Klappa has served on the boards of the Medical College of Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee School of Business Advisory Council, the United Performing Arts Fund and the United Way of Greater Milwaukee.
Several other Wisconsin Energy executives, including vice presidents Rick White and Thelma Sias, also are extensively active in the community.
The company’s stockholders contribute to the We Energies Foundation, which is devoted to achieving positive community benefit and business value. The foundation has invested more than $136 million in the communities served by Wisconsin Energy Corp. over the past 30 years.
The award will be presented to Klappa during the Bravo! Entrepreneur and I.Q. Awards luncheon (biztimes.com/bravo) at the BizExpo (biztimes.com/bizexpo) on Wednesday, May 21, at the Potawatomi Bingo Casino in Milwaukee.