Want to Read More?
Paid BizTimes subscribers get unlimited access to all Insider content and much more. Learn more in our Insider FAQ.
Already an Insider? Log In
Or click here to purchase a paywall bypass link for this article.
- $508,388 to support the MCW Center for Advancing Population Science in establishing a program to educate and test elderly African-American residents living in senior housing, assisted living, nursing homes or homeless shelters in Milwaukee.
- $500,000 to support the city of Milwaukee Health Department in improving communication of prevention guidelines to communities of color in Milwaukee County and piloting online training for community health workers and public health outreach personnel to respond to the mental health and wellbeing needs among these communities.
- $498,931 to support the MCW Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Medicine in implementing a social media outreach effort to increase COVID-19 prevention, stigma-reduction and coping steps.
- $489,059 to support the MCW Department of Medicine’s Division of Infectious Diseases in providing health care workers in Wisconsin nursing homes with custom-made face masks and determining their impact in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- $382,664 to support the MCW and Versiti Wisconsin, Inc. in a joint effort to identify, obtain, and provide convalescent plasma from recovered patients with COVID-19 to patients with active disease and, as a prevention effort, to front-line health care workers.
- $313,792 to support Concordia University of Wisconsin in scaling up the ability to produce personal protective equipment for medical professionals and law enforcement first responders in the Milwaukee area.
- $246,406 to support the Wisconsin Association of Free & Charitable Clinics in Implementing a telehealth infrastructure across Wisconsin’s safety-net provider clinics to continue services for vulnerable populations and prevent patients from accessing emergency departments for routine care.
- $145,168 to support the MCW Institute for Health & Equity in developing epidemiological data projections for Milwaukee County to enable health experts and local leaders to respond in real time to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- $144,171 to support the MCW Department of Medicine in assessing whether COVID-19 patients could be transmitting disease via their stool to better understand and prevent the spread of the virus.
- $144,086 to support the MCW Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine and Center for Advancing Population Science in promoting key behaviors such as proper hand hygiene to reduce the spread of COVID-19 to patients at high risk for serious illness.
- $97,594 to support the MCW Division of Infectious Diseases in the Department of Medicine in providing culturally competent services and information for individuals who are transgender in preventing COVID-19.
- $33,290 to support the Hmong American Friendship Association in producing and disseminating a series of culturally responsive educational videos for Hmong residents across Wisconsin to provide critical information that can prevent COVID-19's spread.