Last updated on July 3rd, 2019 at 07:21 pm
More than 30 downtown Milwaukee restaurants and cafes next week are serving up select lunch dishes for only $1.
Taking place Monday, April 22 through Friday, May 3, the “$1 Food Festival” is a promotion for Ritual, a “social ordering” app that recently launched in the Milwaukee market.
Using Ritual, people can pre-order coffee, lunch or dinner from participating restaurants and skip the line when picking it up. The social aspect comes into play with its piggyback feature, allowing groups of co-workers to join an order that one person would pick-up– rather than having multiple people leave the office for lunch.
The Toronto-based company launched the app in the U.S. in 2017. Ritual is now available in 23 major cities throughout North America, Australia and the U.K.
The promotion’s $1 items are available for order exclusively through the Ritual app, which is free to download on any smartphone.
Featured dishes and participating restaurants, most of which are locally-owned, include the Spicy Tuna Bowl at FreshFin Poké, a cup of chili at Bavette La Boucherie, the Milwaukee Burger at AJ Bombers, the BLT sandwich at Pastiche at Hotel Metro, and the Pangoa Bowl at Freshii.
“This festival provides local restaurants with the opportunity to showcase their food to new customers that may not have had the opportunity to try it before incentivizing them to highlight their most popular dishes and turn first-time visitors into regular customers,” said Dain Laverty, North American partnerships manager for Ritual.
The promotion recently ran in other U.S. cities including Los Angeles, Boston, San Francisco and New York City.
Here’s a complete list of Milwaukee restaurants participating in the $1 Food Festival:
- Brick 3 Pizza – Pepperoni and Sausage or Mac Cheese Slice + Soda
- Thai-namite – Sweet Potato Maki Roll or Spicy Tuna Maki Roll or California Maik Roll or Chicken Satay
- Bavette La Boucherie – Cup of chili
- Ian’s Pizza (Juneau Ave) – Mac and Cheese Pizza Slice
- Bollywood Grill – Chicken Tikki Masala
- Holey Moley Coffee + Doughnuts – 12 oz Brewed Coffee and Baby Spice Doughnut or 12 oz Brewed Coffee and Powdered Sugar Doughnut
- AJ Bombers – Milwaukee Burger
- My Office – Patty Melt
- CANTINA – Chicken Burrito
- Xankia – Pork Bahn Mi
- Blue Bat Kitchen and Tequilaria – Crispy Brussel Sprouts
- FreshFin Poké – Regular Spicy Tuna Bowl
- Smoke Shack – Sloppy Joe
- Java Corner – Grilled Buffalo Bill Wrap
- Colour palate – SxSW Salad
- Meat on The Street – Pork Adobo Bowl
- The King & I Thai Restaurant – Pad See Ew
- Soup & Stock Market – Cup of Chicken Noodle Soup
- The Soup Market – Cup of Chicken and Dumpling Soup
- Skyway Cafe – Burger
- Pita Pit – Italiano Pita
- 600 East Cafe – Hero Sandwich or Greek Wrap
- Pastiche at Hotel Metro – BLT Sandwich
- The Coffee Bean – Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich or Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- Artisan Ramen – Pork Ramen Tonkotsu
- City.Net Jazz Café – All Lattes
- Bento Xpert – General Tao Chicken or Five Spice Chicken
- Coaches – 4-piece Chicken Tender or 3-piece Catfish Dinner or Thigh, Leg, and Wing Chicken Combo
- Marco Pollo – Kuala Curry or The Buddha or the Marcocito
- Aloha Poké co – Big Poke Bowl
- Freshii – Pangoa Bowl