The Wisconsin Alliance for Women’s Health (WAWH) will be holding a health care enrollment fair at the UW-Milwaukee Zilber School of Public Health on Monday, March 10.
The open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act marketplace will close on March 31. Thusfar in Wisconsin, women make up the majority, 56 percent, of those who have enrolled for coverage on the ACA marketplace.
The enrollment fair provides an opportunity for in-person, one-on-one assistance from trained experts to help them enroll in the health care marketplace and determine what financial assistance is available. The event is taking place from 12 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
For those seeking to enroll at this fair, WAWH is encouraging individuals to bring with them:
- Birthdates for all family members who need coverage
- Social Security Numbers for all family members who need coverage
- Citizenship or immigration status and document numbers for legal immigrants
- Tax returns for previous years
- Employer and income information for every members of the household who needs coverage
- Health care coverage information (policy numbers & costs for any current health insurance plans)
- Name(s) of current doctors and preferred hospital
The enrollment fair is being held in conjunction with the 5th Annual Wisconsin Women’s Health Policy Summit on Tuesday, March 11, at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts.