Last updated on February 25th, 2022 at 10:45 pm
This episode of the BizTimes MKE Podcast features two conversations. First, BizTimes Media co-owners Dan and Kate Meyer discuss our Business Cares sections and why it was important to put an emphasis on education in Milwaukee in the latest issue of our magazine. Second, BizTimes associate editor Lauren Anderson discusses her approach to covering education for a business audience and goes deeper on some of her magazine coverage.
This article is part of a BizTimes Media Business Cares special report on education in Milwaukee, examining the issues and challenges the community faces to increase the number of high-quality education seats in the city and to develop young talent and the city’s future workforce.
The report includes:
An explanation of what the difference is between Milwaukee’s public, charter and private (voucher) schools, and how many students attend each.
These feature articles:
- Leaders of high-performing Milwaukee schools say funding is biggest impediment to adding seats
- All-In Milwaukee takes aim at Milwaukee’s college completion crisis
And, viewpoints from leaders of Milwaukee Public Schools, a Milwaukee charter school and a Milwaukee private (voucher) school:
- Capturing our city’s economic growth potential hinges upon a well-supported MPS system
- Supporting charter schools will improve the outcomes for Milwaukee children
- Each family deserves a choice, regardless of income, when it comes to educating their children
Look for more education coverage in the coming days and weeks at BizTimes.com.