Last updated on August 21st, 2019 at 08:05 am
Look out Brookfield, it’s time to Whirly. WhirlyBall, that is!
What is WhirlyBall? It is both the name of a company and the featured activity. It is a multi-level, multi-amusement facility that caters to, well, everyone!
This new construction is a 43,000-square-foot, two-story entertainment complex with two WhirlyBall courts, 12 bowling lanes on the first and second floors, four small event spaces and two large banquet rooms, second floor laser tag room, bar and restaurant, and two outdoor terraces.
Summit Design + Build of Chicago partnered with WhirlyBall as general contractor to coordinate the vendors and suppliers for this project.
- Electrical devices and wires by Revere Electric Supply | West Allis
- Electrical gear by Viking Electric | Milwaukee
- Fire alarm ware by ADI Global | Brookfield
- Ready Mix concrete by Schmitz Ready Mix Inc. | Milwaukee
- Rebars by Midwest Construction Material | Stoughton
- Metal by U.S. Aluminum | Cicero, Ill.
- Glass by Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope | Chicago, Ill.
- Draft installation by The Beer Medic LLC | Milwaukee
- Hardie siding, drywall and framing materials by L&W Supply | Milwaukee
- Aggregates by Cretex Materials | Burlington
- Restaurant supply by Boelter | Waukesha
- Intrusion and fire monitoring by Lisbon Creek Systems, LLC | Sussex
- Steel by Liebovich Steel & Aluminum | Rockford, Ill.
- Rebar by ANCO Steel | Aurora, Ill.
- Insulation by HD Supply White Cap | Gilberts, Ill.
- Cement by Illinois Cement | LaSalle, Ill.
- Stone by MSI Chicago | Elk Grove Village, Ill.
Who constructed the new entertainment complex?
Tasks: Install and wire electrical systems; plan, diagram and repair electrical fixtures and controls.
Training: Five-year apprenticeship | Average hourly wage: $25.11
Tasks: Design, install and maintain pipes for water and waste; vent gas systems; repair fixtures.
Training: Five-year apprenticeship | Average hourly wage: $30.11
Tasks: Building site prep; frame walls and roofs, hang walls; install windows, doors and cabinetry.
Training: Four-year apprenticeship | Average hourly wage: $21.64
Tasks: Prepare and clean work sites; drill and blast site areas; lay pipe; build scaffolds; place concrete.
Training: Apprenticeship with classroom and on-the-job training | Average hourly wage: $17.95
Tasks: Raise, place and connect steel to form structural frameworks; install building components; weld metal.
Training: Four-year apprenticeship | Average hourly wage: $27.45
Tasks: Use power construction equipment such as graders, dozers, cranes, pumps and loaders to grade earth, put up structures and pour surface pavement.
Training: Apprenticeship | Average hourly wage: $25.11
Tasks: Coordinate activities of various project contributors; make sure projects finish on time and within budget.
Training: Two-year technical training or four-year college degree | Entry level wage: $21.61
Tasks: Plan and oversee building of structures; make sure buildings are safe to use.
Training: Two-year technical training or four-year college degree | Entry level wage: $34.87
Tasks: Plan, design and oversee the construction of buildings and structures.
Training: Four-year college degree | Entry level wage: $28.38
Tasks: Design and sketch building plans; manage resources to keep projects on time and within budget.
Training: Four-year college degree | Entry level wage: $25.55