• BizTimes Milwaukee founded as Small Business Times
• New convention center completed in downtown Milwaukee
• Miller Park opens
• The Quadracci Pavilion (designed by Santiago Calatrava) at the Milwaukee Art Museum opens
• Firstar completes buyout of U.S. Bancorp, changes its name to U.S. Bancorp and moves headquarters to Minneapolis
• Strong Capital Management acquired by Wells Fargo
• Small Business Times moves its office to the Historic Third Ward
• Great Recession begins.
• ManpowerGroup moves its corporate headquarters downtown
• Small Business Times changes name to BizTimes Milwaukee and redesigns magazine
• $800 million Marquette Interchange reconstruction project completed
• Great Recession ends
• Midwest Airlines brand eliminated, merged into Frontier Airlines
• BMO Financial Group acquires Marshall & Ilsley Corp.
• BizTimes Milwaukee celebrates 20th anniversary