This photo, taken circa 1940, shows The Eagles Club at 2401 W. Wisconsin Ave. in Milwaukee. Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright student Russell Barr Williamson, it opened in 1927 as a home for the Milwaukee chapter of the fraternal organization and eventually became the national headquarters. It included an athletic club and hosted dances and concerts in the ballroom. In the 1980s, the club fell into disrepair and in 1992, Anthony and Marjorie Balestrieri purchased the building and restored it as a live music venue now known as The Rave/Eagles Club.
— This photo is from the Milwaukee Public Museum’s Photo Archives collection.