This photo, taken by W.D. Kline circa 1928, shows St. Mary’s Hospital in Milwaukee. St. Mary’s, Wisconsin’s first private hospital, was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1848. It joined with Columbia Hospital in 1995 to form what is today known as Columbia St. Mary’s.
— This photo is from the Milwaukee Public Museum’s Photo Archives collection. Additional images can be viewed online at www.mpm.edu.