As BizTimes Media completes another rewarding year of serving Milwaukee’s business community, it is our great privilege to conclude our annual event lineup with our Health Care Heroes Awards program.
The winners of the Health Care Heroes Awards are heartwarming reminders of the great work being done in our community to save and improve lives in southeastern Wisconsin.
It’s our pleasure to shine the spotlight on these Health Care Heroes, who are doing things like:
- Conducting a breakthrough liver transplant.
- Repairing an esophagus while it was still inside the patient.
- Helping to build the largest family justice center in the country.
- Making discoveries to improve outcomes for premature babies.
- Investing millions of dollars to improve behavioral health facilities and services.
- Educating people about breast health.
- Helping people with mental illnesses get jobs.
- Leading a national task force to create benchmarks to evaluate the ability of health care facilities to perform pediatric surgeries.
- Finding ways to uplift children who are fighting cancer.
- Combining blood and organ donation organizations.
- Creating a special kind of light to kill bacteria in health care settings.
- Leading an effort to teach people about how to perform hands-free CPR.
- Helping patients unable to eat on their own.
- Spending extensive time to help breast cancer patients.
- Going the extra mile to serve families of patients receiving home health care.
- Training and managing volunteers to serve retirement community residents.
- Overseeing a nursing staff, while also working on the front lines of health care.
- Volunteering, at age 85, for an organization that provides housing for patients and caregivers.
- Donating a kidney, then working with the recipient to raise awareness about organ transplants.
- Working to reduce Milwaukee’s infant mortality rate.
It is an honor to recognize these inspirational individuals and organizations in the spirit of the holiday season. Please take a few moments to read their stories here. And if you meet them, be sure to thank them for their service. They deserve it!
Publisher, BizTimes Media