Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 10:04 am
Milwaukee-based Rishi Tea Company recently took home an 28 awards, and 11 first place victories at the World Tea Championship in Las Vegas. The competition is judged by professionals to distinguish the highest quality and best tasting teas available in North America.
Rishi Tea took home more than double the awards received by their closest competitors.
“It was a tremendous honor to have so many of our teas selected as world champions. We work passionately every year to source what are, in our opinion, some of the finest teas in the world. It means a lot to have a group of our peers within the tea industry validate our efforts,” said Joshua Kaiser, founder and tea buyer.
Rishi Tea’s first place winners were:
• Best Breakfast Blend–China Breakfast (Organic/Fair Trade)
• Best Chai–Masala Chai (Organic/Fair Trade)
• Best Dragonwell–Dragonwell Qingming
• Best Jasmine–Jasmine Green Tea (Organic/Fair Trade)
• Best Matcha–Matcha
• Best Blended/Flavored Green–Sencha Yuzu
• Best Blended/Flavored Herbal–Cinnamon Plum (Organic)
• Best Blended/Flavored White–Silver Needle Jasmine (Organic)
• Best White Tea–Silver Needle (Organic)
• Best Flavored Black Iced Tea–Summer Lemon (Organic/Fair Trade)
• Best Flavored Herbal Iced Tea–Tropical Crimson (Organic/Fair Trade)