Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin to open outpatient facilities

Planned for Greenfield, New Berlin

Orthopaedic Hopsital of Wisonsin in Glendale.

Last updated on May 15th, 2019 at 04:48 pm

Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin plans to open two new outpatient locations in January.

Orthopaedic Hopsital of Wisonsin in Glendale.

Brian Cramer, chief executive officer, said Orthopaedic Hospital is expanding into New Berlin and Greenfield to meet a growing need for physical therapy services south of its Glendale hospital. It will occupy 6520 W. Layton Ave. in Greenfield and a space within the Princeton Club’s New Berlin facility, 14999 W. Beloit Road.

Both locations will open Jan. 1.

The new locations continue a pattern of expansion for Orthopaedic Hospital in recent years. In 2016, the hopsital opened its first outpatient facility in Cedarburg.

“That was in response to our physicians asking for more availability of our physical therapy services outside of what we offered in our hospital,” Cramer said.

In 2017, Orthopaedic Hospital opened another outpatient site in Shorewood.

Cramer said about 40 percent of the patients utilizing outpatient facilities are referred by physicians after surgery or are referred there in lieu of surgery. The other 60 percent seek out those services directly, he said.

Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin is a 30-bed hospital in Glendale that focuses on treating orthopedic injuries. It is owned by Ascension Wisconsin and its physicians.

In 2017, Orthopaedic Hospital bought a three-story, 70,758-square-foot office building located adjacent to its hospital for $2.5 million for possible future development.

Cramer said the hospital doesn’t have any additional outpatient locations planned for 2019, but will make future expansion decisions based on its “critical success factors” of quality, patient satisfaction and staff satisfaction.

Sign up for BizTimes Daily Alerts

Stay up-to-date on the people, companies and issues that impact business in Milwaukee and Southeast Wisconsin

No posts to display