Director of Community Development
General Contact Information: 640 S. Howell Ave., (414) 768-6510
Comprehensive Plan: The City of Oak Creek’s Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the Common Council on April 1, 2002. A copy of this plan can be found in the Oak Creek Public Library.
Basic process of approval or denial of a development plan: 1st The Plan Commission reviews development proposals and makes recommendations to the Common Council on such items as rezoning, conditional use permits and amendments to the City’s Official Maps. The Plan Commission is also charged with the responsibility for reviewing site and architectural plans for proposed developments. This process is not required in the A-1, Agricultural District, ER, Rs-1, Rs-2, Rs-3, Rs-4 and Rd-1 Residential Districts unless the development site contains wetlands or woodlands.
TIF No. 7 (2007) S. 27th Street Corridor TIF from W. Drexel Avenue south to the City Limits. Beginning Value (2007) $119,025,000. Lakeview Village TIF District is proposed for the Carollville area that would provide needed infrastructure for both Bender Park and for the development of some of the adjacent privately-owned lands.
Redevelopment Aid: The planning staff does not give any specific redevelopment programs.
– Woodman’s Food Market and Retail Outlots – 8131 S. Howell Avenue
– Oakwood Crossings Business Park located at 10101 S. Howell Ave and Oakwood Road and is being developed by Opus North Corporation.
– Liberty Corporate Preserve – A Class A Office & Industrial Park consisting of five (5) buildings totaling approximately 300,000 square feet and is being developed by Liberty Property Trust.
1) Basic Rezoning $775
2) Planned Unit Development $900
3) Amendment to Planned Unit Development $550
4) Conditional Use Permit $875
5) Amendment of Conditional Use Permit $550
6) Zoning Text Amendment $500
7) Official Map Amendment $775
8) Certified Survey Map $525
9) Plan Commission Consultation $250
10) Site Plan Review $350
11) Landscaping Plan Review $150
12) Sign Plan Review $150
Time Schedule for Plan Approval: The typical amount of time from submittal to final approval on site plan reviews is two to four weeks, although the process could take longer depending the specific project on the recommendations of the Plan Commission. For all other reviews, the approval process will depend on the recommendations of the Plan Commission and Common Council.
Building or Growth Moratoria: There are currently no building or growth moratoria.
Environmental Issues: There are some areas in Oak Creek with wetlands and floodplain areas.
Single Development Department: Yes, the Department of Community Development is the central agency facilitating the approval process.
Internet Connection: www.oakcreekwi.org
– Various Maps: city streets, aldermanic, garbage & recycling, voting sites, vicinity
– Meeting Schedules of various committees/commissions including agendas and minutes
– Full Municipal Code
– Detailed Information including names of those officials on various committees
– An Economic Development Link is currently being developed
– Contact Information
– Application Forms