- Category: Notable Women in STEM
- Number of years working in your current industry: 34
- Undergrad degree/university: BA / University of Northern Iowa
- Graduate degree/university: Masters in Talent Development / LSU
Kathy Henrich has led the MKE Tech Hub Coalition since its inception, growing the member base from six members to more than 125 organizations that work together to advance the tech-enabled economy of southeast Wisconsin.
In 2022, the organization:
- Launched a tech talent attraction website that has more than 3,000 visitors a month.
- Fostered more than 50 startups and provided $80,000 in grants.
- Exposed more than 20,000 students to tech careers.
- Developed more than 100 individuals in tech skills through internships, apprenticeships and upskilling programs in areas of AI, cybersecurity and software development.
- Created connections through events and one-on-one connections to advance the mission.
- Collaborated with more than 50 partners in the community. These partnerships include efforts to help advance the work of several other nonprofit missions through collaborative work, board involvement, fundraising and mentoring.
“Kathy’s leadership, which is rooted in collaboration, building strong partnerships and prioritizing the growth of the region, has been instrumental in advancing our mission,” said Molly Mulroy, MKE Tech Hub Coalition board chair and chief administrative officer at WEC Energy Group.