- Category: Notable Marketing Executives
- Number of years working in your current industry: 2
- Undergrad degree/university: Duke University, BA, Public Policy
- Graduate degree/university: Emory University, Goizueta Business School, MBA
COVID-19 hit the senior living industry hard, but Kim Irwin, senior director of marketing, led Waukesha-based Capri Communities through the pandemic with strategy, grit and tenacity, according to colleagues.
She pivoted Capri’s marketing approach, adopting a “digital first” strategy to embrace SEO and SEM opportunities and reach an increasingly online audience.
“As a result, Capri has grown lead flow and maintained occupancy levels of 90%+ at nearly all 19 campuses, while many of our competitors have seen double-digit declines,” said Alicia Dupies, Capri’s senior vice president of strategy and growth.
Specifically, Irwin has led:
– A company-wide rebrand effort
– Launch of a new website
– Reorganization of the marketing department
– Onboarding of new agency
– Strategic pivot toward digital marketing
– Print vendor consolidation
– Online review initiative generating 90+ five-star reviews
– Introduction of social media management platform
– Introduction of new annual marketing planning tool