- Thursday, Oct. 15 The Fall Lupus Luncheon will be held at the Radisson on Mayfair Road from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event is dedicated to the support of advancing Lupus Research and includes a lunch, raffle, and a silent auction. It offers a chance to raise funds and awareness of a disease that can be devastating and deadly. The LFA, WI Chapter is proud to say that funds raised at this event have been used to support local research at the Medical College of Wisconsin for the past four years, as well as studies at the UW-Madison and University of Minnesota. For more information about lupus call the Lupus Foundation of America, Wisconsin Chapter, Inc. at 414-443-6400 or log onto www.lupuswi.org.
- Thursday, Oct. 15 SHARP Literacy, Inc. will collaborate with International Shoe Designer Jerome Rousseau and Picardy Shoe Parlour to host its annual fund raising luncheon, A Novel Event- Step Up To Stop Bullying at the Pfister Hotel, 424 E. Wisconsin Ave., from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The event will focus on the issue of bullying and the release of SHARP’s book Bullying… Is Anyone Listening? This year’s guest speaker is Jerome Chouinard Rousseau, an award-winning International Shoe Designer. He will speak on the issues of bullying, his education and career path, his design process and inspiration for his shoes. He will also premiere a specially designed shoe he created just for SHARP Literacy. He will also premiere a specially designed shoe he created just for SHARP Literacy. To reserve your place at the Luncheon, contact the SHARP offices at 414-270-3388.
- Thursday, Oct 15 The Greater Milwaukee Foundation will present a seminar titled: IFF: A Nonprofit Loan Fund Exclusively Serving the Nonprofit Community at its offices 101. W. Pleasant St. from 9 to 11 a.m. Space is limited: RSVP to Heather Clark or the Greater Milwaukee Foundation at 414-272-5805
- Tuesday, Oct 20. West Allis-based Wegner CPAs presents its Nonprofit Roundtable event from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 6737 W. Washington St, Suite 2135. The event will discuss the topic of changes in nonprofit auditing standards and what the changes really mean for nonprofit organizations. Event is free to attend and lunch will be provided. Attendees can register on-line at www.wegnercpas.com/resources/seminars.asp.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20 Gilda’s Club Southeastern Wisconsin will host its Wine, Women and Purses fundraising event at Devon’s Seafood Grill in Bayshore Town Center, 5717 N. Bayshore Drive. The evening will feature hors d’oeuvres, a variety of wines, and musical entertainment, and a collection of donated handbags presented in a silent auction. Molly Fay of Today’s TMJ4 “The Morning Blend” is the Honorary Hostess of the event. Proceeds from Wine, Women and Purses will benefit Gilda’s Club Southeastern Wisconsin, a free cancer support community for anyone living with cancer. Registration for individuals is $35. For more information on the event or to make a donation, please contact Gilda’s Club at 414-962-8201, x. 102 or visit www.gildasclubsewi.org.
To view additional calendar items or to submit your own events please visit the BizTimes.com calendar