- Monday, April 12, Repairers of the Breach, Milwaukee’s only daytime homeless shelter will host “Rebuilding Dreams,” a cocktail event at the Harley Davidson Museum’s Rumble Room from 6-8 p.m. Cost to attend is $125 per person and includes a free ticket to the Harley-Davidson Museum, music, food and drinks. For more information contact Jo Ann Kuenn, director of development at 414-934-8446.
- Tuesday, April 13 and Tuesday, April 20 The Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center, 6255 N. Santa Monica Blvd., will host a two part course entitled “So you want to start a Business.” The classes will be available to the public from either 10 to 11:30 a.m. or from 7 to 8:30 p.m. They will be taught by local entrepreneur Jane Chernof, owner of Jane’s Take-Away Foods and co-owner of Milwaukee Street Gallery. The class will focus on issues like developing a business and marketing plan, learning how to handle finances in today’s economic climate and identifying the vision for your business. To register visit www.jccmilwaukee.org or call 414-964-4444
- Friday, April 16 A Day for Meta House, will be held at Discovery World Pier Wisconsin, 500 N. Harbor Drive from 8 to 9 a.m., and from 12 to 1 p.m. Enjoy a breakfast or a lunch in celebration of the triumph over addiction. Parking in the Pier Wisconsin lot will be complimentary, and overflow parking will be available near the Summerfest grounds. Shuttles will be on-site. Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early as we plan to be at capacity for each session
- Tuesday, April 27 Interfaith Senior Programs will present the Tapestry Benefit Dinner & Auction, at the Country Springs Hotel, 2810 Golf Road from 5:30 to 9:00 p.m. The event will include a silent auction, dinner and a live auction.
- Wednesday, May 5 The 25th Anniversary Gala to benefit Pregnancy Support Connection Inc., will be held at the Country Springs Hotel, 2810 Golf Road beginning at 5:30 p.m. The red-carpet event will feature a “Retro Hollywood” theme and will celebrate and support Pregnancy Support Connection’s outreach to young women facing crisis pregnancies.
- Friday, May 7 The Schlitz Audubon Nature Center, will host its Take a Walk on the Wild Side 2010 Gala at the center beginning at 6 p.m. Event will feature green organic and local food and wine from Lee John’s Catering, cocktails, and an auction. For more information email Debbie Fulton at email@example.com.
- Friday, June 11 The Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens will host is annual fundraising event at the gardens, 9400 Boerner Dr., Hales Corners, from 6-9 p.m. Guests can enjoy the gardens in full bloom, music from Cream City Jazz, food and drink from Bartolotta Catering, a silent auction and raffle, and live green demonstrations. Cost to attend is $75 For Information & reservations, contact Kristine at 414-525-5661 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view additional calendar items or to submit your own events please visit the BizTimes.com calendar: