- Saturday, Feb. 27, YPImpact, a Milwaukee-based young professionals organization, will host a volunteer event at SHARE, 13111 W. Silver Spring Dr., Butler, from 6 to 11 a.m. This unique event is designed to allow attendees the chance to network while assisting SHARE. Volunteers will lend a hand by counting food, assembling grocery loads, organizing items, cleaning, packing food into vehicles and other projects. The community service activity will be followed by a networking reception at Charro Restaurante, 17800 W. Bluemound Road, Brookfield.
- Saturday, March 6, The Milwaukee Community Sailing Center will hold its 16th annual Sailors Ball at the Italian Community Center in Milwaukee from 6:30 p.m. to 12 midnight. All proceeds from the event support the Sailing Center’s efforts to engage Milwaukee’s at-risk, urban youth, as well as children and adults with disabilities, in innovative sailing experiences.This year’s ball will feature the sights, sounds and tastes of Puerto Rico as island fare, attire, entertainment and a silent auction. More than 200 nautical, dining and leisure packages will be auctioned off, including a one-week charter on a 40-foot sailboat. General admission tickets, which include dinner and entertainment, are $90 per person. General admission tickets plus passes to the Admirals Club pre-reception are $135 per person, and VIP Gold Packages, which include general admission, passes to the Admirals Club pre-reception and wine with dinner, are $175 per person. To purchase raffle or ball tickets, contact the Milwaukee Community Sailing Center at (414) 277-9094.
- Thursday, March 11, United Cerebral Palsy of Southeastern Wisconsin will host the 28th Annual Taste of Milwaukee event in the grand ballroom of The Pfister beginning at 5:30 p.m. Taste of Milwaukee features signature dishes from Milwaukee’s finest restaurants and exciting silent auction items. Tickets are $75 per individual or $1,000 for a corporate table of ten. To register or for more information visit: http://ucpsew.org/newEvents.html
- Saturday, March 13 ALS-Lou Gehrig’s disease Evening Of Hope event will be held at the Hyatt Regency, the event begins at 5:30 p.m. with a silent auction. Thos in attendance will give the gift of hope to patients and their families who are touched by the disease. Call 262-784-5257 or visit www.BeatALS.org for more information.
- Friday, March 26, the Samudra Fashion Show at Whitefish Bay High School Auditorium, 1200 E. Fairmount Ave. beginning at 7:30 p.m. The show will benefit H2O which provides clean water wells in third world countries. It will feature local and student fashion. The high school is over a third of the way to reaching its goal of completing the water project in their partner school in India for clean, safe water. Admission to the Samudra Fashion Show is $5 for Whitefish Bay students, and $8 for the general public.
To view additional calendar items or to submit your own events please visit the BizTimes.com calendar.