- Friday, Nov. 4 HeartLove Place will host the first ever CHAIRity Auction Breakfast from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at HeartLove Place, 3229 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. This event will support programs that HeartLovePlace offers the community at low or no cost. The HeartLove Place “CHAIRity Auction Breakfast” will consist of a breakfast including guest speakers, and a live auction of custom hand painted chairs and stools painted by local artists as well as children from HeartLove Place programs. Tickets are available for purchase at a suggested price of $25 per person or $175.00 for a table of seven. For more information or to preview the hand painted chairs visit www.heartloveplace.org.
- Friday, Nov. 4 Residents at the Luther Manor senior living community in Wauwatosa will host its annual Holiday Bazaar and craft sale from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Lippold Faith and Education Center at Luther Manor. The elements for sale at the Bazaar were created by Luther Manor residents and include scarves, jewelry, quilts, ornaments, bean soup mix, fire starters and homemade dog biscuits.
- Thursday, Nov. 17 Climbing for a Cure to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation will be held at the U.S. Bank Building from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Nearly 500 participants will meet and climb 47 floors, 94 flights, 1,034 steps. Once participants reach the top, they have the opportunity to enjoy amazing panoramic views of Downtown Milwaukee before heading down to the post-climb celebration, complete with food, drinks, entertainment and awards! Corporate Teams, local Fire and Police Departments and fitness fanatics will be present. Net proceeds will go toward cystic fibrosis (CF) research, care and education programs. For more information visit: http://wisconsin.cff.org/climb.
- Friday, Nov. 18 The Latino Community Center (LCC) will host a Recognition Dinner at Milwaukee Public Market, 400 N. Water Street, from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. The Elizabeth A. Brinn Foundation, Richard Wiederhold, Bill Jollie and Victor Huyke will be honored at the event. Entertainment will be provided by the Aztec Dancers. Dinner provided by Margarita Paradise. Single tickets are $75.00; please RSVP by calling Bridgett Gonzalez, 414-273-7121, x 211 or email: email@example.com.
- Thursday, Dec. 1 The Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee will host the 17th annual “Spirit of the Nonprofit Sector: Holiday Celebration of Diversity” from 5:30-8:30 p.m., at the Italian Community Center, 631 E. Chicago St. The event will feature live music, ethnic foods, artists, and displays, the event showcases the many cultures and tradition that make Milwaukee unique. Artists, vendors and representatives of local nonprofits will share their talents and offer handcrafted gifts for sale. Tickets are $30 each, $50 for two, and $8 for children 12 and under. The Nonprofit Center’s annual event supports training and technical assistance for nonprofit agencies in the Greater Milwaukee area. To make reservations, call (414) 344-3933.
For additional nonprofit events visit the BizTimes.com calendar by clicking here.