- Saturday, April 21 Journey House will host its annual gala and auction from 5:30 to 10 p.m. at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center, 509 W. Wisconsin Ave. The program will include cocktails, hors d’oeuvre’s, silent auction, raffle and a dinner. Money raised at the event will go to support the programs and services of Journey House. Cost to attend is $125 a person. To register click here.
- Sunday, April 22 The second annual Hospital Food Fight will be held in support of Stillwaters Cancer Support Services at the Milwaukee Marriott West, W231 N1600 Corporate Ct in Waukesha from 12 to 4 p.m. Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare’s Elmbrook Memorial Hospital will return to defend the Best Hospital Food title it earned last year. During the event, hospital head chefs will have one hour to prepare a meal that would be served in their hospital. Meals will be judged on taste, presentation, and overall appeal. Judges include Nancy Stohs, food editor for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel; Bob Reitman, cancer survivor and local DJ on WUWM; and David Davidson, executive corporate chef at GE Healthcare and competition chair of the American Culinary Chefs of Milwaukee. This year’s honorary chair is Joe Bartolotta. Ted Perry will emcee the event. In addition to the competition, the event will also include brief cooking and nutrition sessions from food professionals and the People’s Choice Award. Ballots can be purchased by attendees and be tallied up to determine the best sample from area restaurants, grocers, hospitals and more.
- Sunday, April 22 Accel Fitness Boot Camp of Muskego will conduct a fast-paced fitness class at Sprecher Brewery from 9 to 10 a.m. The event will promote healthy habits and Gilda’s Club of Southeastern Wisconsin. Accel Fitness Bootcamp workouts are “metabolic workouts featuring a total-body workout that incorporates high-intensity work periods with short rest periods in an alternating set or circuit
format. This helps increase metabolism, tone and tighten, invigorate and get you in super shape.” Cost to attend is $25. All proceeds will benefit Gilda’s Club.
Participants will also receive complimentary gifts in addition to the workout. Reservations can be made by calling 414.964.2739(BREW). Sprecher Brewing Company is located at 701 W. Glendale Ave, Glendale, WI.
- Saturday, April 28 The March of Dimes March for Babies will be held at O’Donnell Park beginning at 9 a.m. Participation in the 1.5 mile March for Babies will provide a memorable and rewarding day for the whole family including lunch, music and many family activities. Funds raised by March for Babies in Wisconsin help support prenatal wellness programs, research grants, neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) family support programs and advocacy efforts for stronger, healthier babies. To register, for an event in your community, visit www.marchforbabies.org.
- Thursday, May 10 The Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness (CCHD) will be hosting an 85th Anniversary Celebration in conjunction with its annual Gardens Luncheon fundraising event at the Woman’s Club of Wisconsin from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The luncheon will feature author and gardening expert Melinda Myers. Craig Culver, CEO and co-founder of Culver’s Restaurants will receive the CCHD Community Innovation Award for his commitment to philanthropy and equal access for persons with disabilities.
- Saturday, May 19 The Friends of St. Aemilian-Lakeside, together with Park Bank and Willis will present Cirque du Sal, an Invitation to Fascination, benefiting children, families and adults served by St. Aemilian-Lakeside from 7p.m. to 12 a.m. The event, will be held at the Historic Pritzlaff Building, 333 N. Plankinton Ave., and will include aerial dance, street entertainment, music by The Five Card Studs, a raffle and more. Saz’s will provide catering and a cash bar. Tickets are $50, cocktail attire is encouraged. For more information, to purchase tickets, and to see a complete list of all sponsors, go to www.st-al.org, or call 414-465-1386.
For additional nonprofit events visit the BizTimes.com calendar by clicking here.