- Friday, March 25 The Great Lakes Hemophilia Foundation will host a Mad Hatter’s reception at Pier Wisconsin, 500 N. Harbor Drive, to raise money in support of Wisconsin’s bleeding disorders community. The event will feature live and silent auctions, signature cocktails, a pasta bar and desserts. Live auction prizes include Green Bay Packer tickets, a Chicago Bears weekend getaway and a party package with beer for a year. Tickets are $75 and corporate packages are available for $1800 with additional underwriting opportunities starting at $500. RSVP online at www.glhf.org or by calling the foundation at (414)-257-6786.
- Saturday, March 26th, the Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin will host the annual Autism Ball at the Wisconsin Club, 900 W Wisconsin Ave. from 5:30 to 11 p.m. Proceeds from the event will raise money in support of the society’s mission to improve the lives of all affected by autism. The event will feature a silent auction, cork pull, martinis in keepsake glasses, live music and dinner. The auction includes a luxury box at Wrigley Field for a Cubs v Brewers game, with catering and parking. Tickets are $125 per person and sponsor tables are available for $1500. For tickets or more information click here.
- Tuesday, March 29 The 2011 UPAF Campaign Kick Off will be held at the Broadway Theatre Center, 158 N. Broadway from 4 to 6 p.m. The event will feature a “Dancing with the Stars competition will highlight the event. Light food and refreshments will also be served. Cost to attend is $15 per person. Registration is required by Friday, March 26. Visit www.upaf.org/2011kickoff, or call 414-273-8723.
- Thursday, March 31 The Women’s Fund of Greater Milwaukee will celebrate its 25th anniversary at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, 929 N. Water St., from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Patty Cadorin will be awarded the Lynde Uihlein Award for service to the Women’s Fund. The event will also feature an art and jewelry auction to benefit the Fund’s family of grant making programs. A limited edition anniversary bracelet created by Cathy Jakicic will be given as a thank you gift for on-site donations of $100 or more. Milwaukee Choral artists will also provide live entertainment for the event. There is no charge to attend. Appetizers and a cash bar will be available. RSVP by March 23 at womensfundmke.org.
Friday, April 1 Easter Seals of Southeastern Wisconsin will host Act For Autism Night with the Milwaukee Admirals at the Bradley Center beginning at 7 p.m. The Milwaukee Admirals will take on the Houston Aeros. Tickets for the game cost $15 and $3 of each ticket sold will go to Easter Seals to support programming for Autism. In addition, guests can also purchase raffle tickets in section 217 of the game for a chance to win Frontier Fly Bucks card worth $500, Milwaukee Admirals memorabilia and other prizes. Those who wish to attend should download the order form and fill it out and send to Milwaukee Admirals ATTN: Act For Autism Night 1001 North 4th St Milwaukee WI 53203. If you have any questions or if you want to place an order, call Nate Harker at 414-227-0556 or e-mail him at email@example.com
- Tuesday, April 5 through Thursday April 7 The Council for the Spanish Speaking, Inc., in partnership with Souder, Betances & Associates will host the National Education Conference, “Educating & Graduating Latino High School Students.” The conference will be held at the Wyndham Airport Hotel & Conference Center and will facilitate qualitative and proven strategies aimed at improving the content of high school education for Latino students who must prepare for admission and completion of college. The Conference will include national speakers from the Pew Hispanic Center and motivational speakers from corporations and government agencies. For more information or to register visit www.mivoz.com or call 414.384.3700.
- Tuesday, April 5, The Friends of the Milwaukee Public Library will host its Spring Literary Luncheon on at the Woman’s Club of Wisconsin, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The event will feature Donna Leon, author of Drawing Conclusions – the landmark 20th novel in her celebrated Commissario Guido Brunetti series. Leon’s novels have opened a window into Venice – a world of incomparable beauty, crime, corruption and mystery. For ticket information, please call (414) 286-8720. Seating is limited.
- Tuesday, April 12 United Way in Waukesha County’s Volunteer Center will host its annual ‘Inspire by Example’ Volunteer Recognition and Celebration Luncheon on at Country Springs Hotel and Resort, 2810 Golf Road in Pewaukee, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.The ‘Inspire by Example’ Recognition luncheon will feature stories of outstanding volunteerism throughout Waukesha County. Cost to attend is $40 per person or $400 for nonprofit table of ten or $500 for corporate table of ten. To register email volunteer@UnitedWayWaukesha.org by Monday, April 4.