- Sunday, Sept. 16, through Saturday, Sept. 22, Share Our Strength’s Dine Out for No Kid Hungry fundraiser will be held to benefit Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign. The national campaign works to provide kids in need with nutritious food and educate families about cooking and buying healthy, affordable food. More than 8,000 restaurants across the country are participating in the fundraiser by offering No Kid Hungry promotions. To find participating restaurants in the greater Milwaukee area, visit http://www.nokidhungry.org/.
- Friday, Sept. 21, Meta House, Inc. will host a Meta Moments lunch and discussion focused on “Prevention Works, Treatment is Effective, People Recover.” Scheduled for noon to 1 p.m. at Meta House Residential Facility, 2626 N. Bremen Street in Milwaukee, the lunch will honor September as National Recovery Month and will feature two Meta House graduates and a clinical staff member who will share their stories and perspectives on substance abuse. The event is free, open to the public and includes lunch from Centro Café. Walk-ins are welcome. For more information about the lunch, visit www.metahouse.org. To register, call 414-977-5807 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, Sept. 22, the 6th annual Tomato Romp! will take place on Milwaukee’s east side with a Best Bloody Mary Contest, Rotten Tomato Fight and East Side Green Market. Registration starts at 10 a.m. at Beans & Barley, 1901 E. North Avenue for both the Bloody Mary competition and the tomato fight. Cost for the competition is $20 per person per ballot. The tomato fights costs $10, and participation in the fighting cage is limited to 300 people. Bloody Mary drinks will stop being served at 3 p.m. and the Tomato Romp will begin at 4 p.m. in the city parking lot at Murray and Thomas. Maglio & Company will donate more than 6,000 pounds of tomatoes for the event, and all event proceeds will benefit community organizations that address hunger. For more information about the event, visit http://www.theeastside.org/categories/13-tomato-romp.
- Sunday, Sept. 23, the Cheery Cherry Fall Fair is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Village Park in Menomonee Falls at Appleton Avenue and Garfield. The fair will include a cherry booth with cherry products for sale, food booths, live music and more than 100 exhibitors selling a variety of goods like jewelry and paintings. Cost is $4 at the gate. Kids 12 and under receive free admission. All money raised will be donated to the emergency department at Community Memorial Hospital to help the department afford a new courtesy van for patients and visitors. For more information, visit http://www.communitymemorial.com/cheery_cherry/.
- Friday, Sept. 28, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Wisconsin Chapter will host its 11th annual Brew Madness, Prost to a Cure! fundraiser and beer tasting at the Peck Pavilion at the Milwaukee County Zoo, 10001 W. Bluemound Road in Milwaukee. The event will run from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and will feature live music, a silent auction, food from Milwaukee-area restaurants and vendors, and a limitless tasting of more than 100 kinds of beer. Individual tickets cost $45 in advance and $50 at the door. Ticket packages and designated driver tickets are available for purchase as well. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.cff.org/Chapters/wisconsin/.
No posts to display