Last updated on July 3rd, 2019 at 07:13 pm
A total of 1,015,815 people attended the 2016 Wisconsin State Fair over its 10-day run ending Aug. 14.
That’s down from 1,033,053 in 2015, but this is the fourth consecutive year State Fair has broken the 1 million mark. In 2014, 1,030,881 people attended and in 2013 it was 1,012,552.
The State Fair also today released a number of 2016 totals. At the 165th Wisconsin State Fair, there were:
- 1,065,000 rides taken in SpinCity
- 330 tons of ice used
- 315,000 Original Cream Puffs eaten
- 150,000 slides down the Giant Slide
- 105,000 ears of corn sold by the New Berlin Lion’s Club
- 55,000 Real Wisconsin Cheese grilled cheese sandwiches served
- 50,000 Wisconsin Baked Potatoes sold in the Wisconsin Products Pavilion
- 5,000 Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages Corn Dogs eaten
The Klement’s corn dog won the Sporkies #FairgoersFave contest on social media. The Rootbeer Float Cake from Sprecher Brewery won the Sporkies contest judged by Milwaukee celebrities, followed by the Klement’s corn dog in second and the Deep Fried Ol’ Fashioned from Water Street Brewery in third place.