Last updated on May 14th, 2019 at 06:59 am
Twelve organizations and individuals have been selected as finalists for the 2019 Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development Innovation (MANDI).
The annual program is a partnership with Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) Milwaukee to recognize businesses, nonprofit organizations and individuals involved in improving conditions in Milwaukee’s neighborhoods.
MANDI finalists include:
- Brewers Community Foundation Public Space Award: Browning Elementary/Silver Spring Neighborhood Center Multi-Sport Collaborative Group and Washington Park Neighbors for the Washington Park Concert Series
- BMO Harris Cornerstone Award: CORE El Centro and Running Rebels Community Organization
- Chase Economic Development Award: Blue Skies Landscaping and Rev-Up MKE
- Northern Trust Navigator Award: Carolyn Esswein of University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; and Susan Lloyd of Zilber Family Foundation
- Associated Bank Trail Blazer Award: MATC Promise and PeppNation Sports Leadership Camps MKE
- State Farm Building Blocks Award: Turnkey Renovation-Layton Boulevard West Neighbors and Welford Sanders Historic Lofts and Enterprise Center
The finalists were selected from public nominations by a 40-member, independent volunteer committee. They were announced at an event hosted by real estate developer Josh Jeffers of J. Jeffers & Co. at the Grain Exchange.
“We are especially excited to have such phenomenal finalists as we celebrate what is good and excellent in Milwaukee for the 20th year,” said Donsia Strong Hill, LISC executive director.
Winners will be announced at the 20th Annual MANDIs on April 11 at Potawatomi Hotel and Casino.
During the ceremony, the Wells Fargo People’s Choice Award will be awarded to finalists who receive the most public votes in April. The Northwestern Mutual Collaboration Award will also be given to a nonprofit collaboration.