Leases

Learn more about:

Joppe Logistics, LLC, a new distribution company, has leased 137,500 square feet of the former Briggs & Stratton facility at 12000 W. Burleigh St. in Wauwatosa, according to Mooney LeSage & Associates which handled the transaction.
The company commenced business in February, according to owner James Joppe Jr.
In addition to serving Briggs & Stratton, the company offers distribution, logistics and warehousing.
The company has signed a long-term lease.
Other leases announced by Mooney LeSage include:
– 42,000 square feet of space at 960 E. Milwaukee St. in Whitewater for Eco-Tech;
– 32,300 square feet of space at S66W14328 Janesville Rd. in Muskego for Meurer Bakeries of Milwaukee;
– 30,000 square feet of space at 1171 Universal Blvd. in Whitewater for Trek Bicycle Corp.
The Polacheck Co. of Milwaukee has announced the following leases:
– 1,847 square feet of retail space in the Riverview Centre at 827 S. Rochester Rd. in Mukwonago for Einar C. Svang III, DDS;
– 2,820 square feet of office space at 8350 N. Stevens Rd. in Milwaukee for Barrientos Architects;
– 1,150 square feet of retail space at 1677 N. Farwell Ave. in Milwaukee for Starbucks Corp.;
– 11,241 square feet of office space at 4915 S. Howell Ave. in Milwaukee for Sky Alland Marketing;
– 2,681 square feet of office space in the Riverfront Plaza at 1110 N. Old World Third St. in Milwaukee for CBS Cable; CBS Corp.;
– 1,780 square feet of office space at 5485 S. Westridge Dr. in New Berlin for Aid Association for Lutherans;
– 2,289 square feet of retail space at The Pavilion in Mequon for Scando Enterprises, d/b/a The Tinder Box;
– 6,400 square feet of industrial space at 11711 River Ln. in Germantown for Mero Structures, Inc.
– 2,738 square feet of office space at 250 N. Sunnyslope Rd. in Brookfield for Banc One Financial;
– 23,500 square feet of retail space at Rivercrest Drive and Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls for Office Max, Inc.;
– 2,000 square feet of retail space at Timmerman Plaza at 10442 W. Silver Spring Dr. in Milwaukee for Advance America, Cash Advance;
– 10,400 square feet of space at 1000 N. Water St. in Milwaukee for New Resources Corp.;
– 4,800 square feet of retail space at 6800 Washington Ave. in the Racine County Town of Mount Pleasant for Aurora Health Care, Inc.
Building Projects
Golden Leaves, LLC, is constructing a 15,000-square-foot retail and professional office building in downtown Hartland. The property, at 350 Cottonwood Ave., will be the home of Benning’s Books, adjoined by Heidi’s Café and Gourmet Coffee, Inc. The project also includes interconnected professional office suites and a luxury second-level apartment.
Ludwig Ridder Design, an architectural firm, will occupy one of the suites.
The development is a venture of Dianne Benning, who started Benning’s Books five years ago, and partner Karen Zernan. Golden Leaves will also manage the building.
Beyer Construction of New Berlin is handling interior office construction for the Helen Bader Foundation at the century-old Saddlery Building at 233 N. Water St. in Milwaukee. The foundation is locating from the Firstar Center. Architectural work is by Kahler Slater Architects of Milwaukee.
– Beyer is nearing completion of a project at Eaton Corp./Cutler Hammer Products, 4201 N. 27th St., Milwaukee. The project, which began in December, involves renovation of the second floor elevator lobby and complete reconstruction of the cafeteria and servery areas. Work includes installation of new servery fixtures and food service equipment, and new lighting and furniture. Quorum Architects of Milwaukee handled design.
Selzer-Ornst Co. of Wauwatosa is completing the renovation for Interim Health Care in Wauwatosa.
KCM, Inc., of West Bend has completed the design and has been awarded the contract for a 10,000-square-foot professional office and retail mall to be located in Jackson. B.E.K. & Associates, owners, are in the process of leasing the space.
– KCM has also been awarded a contract for a 13,000-square-foot industrial building in Jackson. The owner, Sierra Grinding, manufactures grinding wheels.
Z-Teca Fresh Mexican Grill Restaurant of Milwaukee chose MSI General Corp. of Oconomowoc to complete the tenant build-out for a Mexican restaurant at 3101 N. Oakland Ave. in Milwaukee. An April opening was scheduled. The restaurant will be operated by Roaring Fork, LLC, which is owned by Mike Pranke and Eric Wagner and which holds the exclusive Wisconsin franchise for Z-Teca. The restaurant firm is based in Denver. Founded in 1995, it plans to have about 300 locations in the US by the year 2000. It features made-to-order entrees.
– MSI General has also been selected by Custom Products Corp. of Menomonee Falls for the design and construction of a 33,502-square-foot addition to its manufacturing facility at the corner of Lilly Road and Silver Spring Drive. The expansion is Phase I of a program to provide additional manufacturing space. New orders from Cummins Engine and others were the catalyst for the project.
When John Iverson purchased the company in 1972, it had three employees and 8,000 square feet of space. It now occupies more than 300,000 square feet and employs more than 650 people. With expected growth, the company is planning a Phase II addition, as well.
Venture Development of Waukesha has completed the new office space for Relations Systems in Brookfield.
– Venture Development has also completed an interior remodeling project for Burton & Mayer, Inc., in Brookfield.
ASI General, Inc., of Waukesha has completed a new office building for Wisconsin Retail Lumber Association at W175 N11086 Stonewood Dr. in Germantown. The building includes 6,000 square feet of offices for the association and 4,000 square feet for tenant space.
The Lang Group of Lake Mills has been selected by the Sheboygan Redevelopment Authority to develop 14 condominiums with individual entrances on the Sheboygan River in the downtown area. The project will be known as River’s Edge. Each home will have a boat pier in the backyard with access to Lake Michigan.
Moves
George Webb Restaurants has moved to a new corporate office and commissary in the Bluemound East Industrial Park, south of I-94 in Pewaukee. The 16,350-square-foot building features expanded warehouse space plus rooms for training, conferencing and a full test kitchen. The chain now has 45 restaurants in Wisconsin.
Image Makers Advertising has moved from its Elm Grove location to its own renovated building at 139 E. North St. in Waukesha. The historic building was constructed in the 1880s as an out-building for a woolen mill.
Maglio & Co., a full-service wholesaler and distributor of produce, has relocated its offices and warehouse to 4287 N. Port Washington Rd. in Glendale.
The company had operated for 50 years on Commission Row in Milwaukee’s Third Ward. A second location was added in 1985 in the Walker’s Point neighborhood. Both those locations were vacated.
By the end of the year, the company expects to add 15 people to its current staff of 52.
The Glendale site was purchased from Johnson Controls last May. A 21,000-square-foot addition was constructed, adding 10 truck doors. The completed facility has 80,000 square feet of operating space with more than 30,0000 square feet dedicated to refrigerated storage.
With the added capacity, the company plans to expand its service territory and product lineup.
May 1998 Small Business Times, Milwaukee

Sign up for the BizTimes email newsletter

Stay up-to-date on the people, companies and issues that impact business in Milwaukee and Southeast Wisconsin

What's New

BizPeople

Sponsored Content

TODAY IS BIZEXPO - THERE'S STILL TIME TO JOIN US!

Stay up-to-date with our free email newsletter

Keep up with the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in the Milwaukee metro area.

By subscribing you agree to our privacy policy.

No, thank you.
BizTimes Milwaukee