Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 11:00 am
• Chicago-based Intersport Inc. plans to build a youth baseball training complex with baseball fields and dorm rooms on a 250-acre parcel of county-owned land in Elkhorn. The second phase of the project may include facilites for other sports such as lacrosse, volleyball, basketball and soccer.
• Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan recently completed a renovation of its 222 rooms. The resort plans a major expansion that would include 1,000 new guest suites, a 130,000-square-foot indoor water park, a 165-slip marina, a 150,000-square-foot conference center, five new restaurants and a redesigned golf course. The project’s total cost is estimated at about $390 million.
• McHenry, Ill.-based NRB Land has acquired the 130-acre Geneva Lakes Kennel Club, which closed last year, at Highway 50 and I-43 and an adjacent 72-acre vacant property. The company is marketing the combined 200-acre property to commercial, retail and residential developers.
• Continued development of Delavan Crossings, a retail development at I-43 and Highway 50 in Delavan, which includes Wal-Mart, Kohl’s and Lowe’s stores.
• Minneapolis-based Target Corp. is building a store north of the Home Depot store at Highways 12 and 50 on the east side of Lake Geneva.