Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 11:00 am
- Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart Inc. plans to build a 185,000-square-foot Supercenter store on 80 acres of farmland southwest of I-43 and Highway 42 in the Town of Sheboygan.
- Eau Claire-based Menard Inc. plans to build a 230,000-square-foot store north of the Wal-Mart site and northwest of I-43 and Highway 42. The Menards store will be about three times the size of the existing Menards store at 4309 County Highway J, which is just southeast of the I-43 and Highway 42 interchange. Menard Inc. plans to sell its current property after the new store opens.
- A 30,000-square-foot Best Buy store is under construction near I-43 in Kohler and is expected to open later this month.
- St. Augusta, Minn.-based GrandStay Residential Suites plans to build a 72-room hotel in the South Pier District, near the Blue Harbor Resort and Conference Center.
- Continued redevelopment of the rest of the South Pier District, which is a former brownfield located between the Sheboygan River and Lake Michigan that is being redeveloped by the city. It was once owned by C. Reiss Coal Co. which stored large piles of coal there years ago. The city is working to attract condos, stores, restaurants and entertainment venues to the property.
- A group of Sheboygan business people want to convert the 42,000-square-foot Sheboygan Armory into a $17 million, 55,000-square-foot aerospace and science education center. They are trying to raise money for the project from federal grants and private contributions.