Grafton-based Kapco Inc. recently purchased a building at 983 Badger Circle in Grafton, and has applied to the city to start production operations there.
The facility would host operations similar to the metal stamping, welding, fabrication, CNC and other services currently being performed at the Kapco headquarters, 1000 Badger Circle. The new facility would run three shifts totaling 30 to 70 employees at the facility.
Kapco applied for a conditional use permit to complete manufacturing operations in 11,711 square feet of space in the 24,271-square-foot building, with the remainder used for administration and management staff.
The building, which President Jim Kacmarcik’s family purchased June 30 for $1.75 million, formerly housed MPI Coin. It sits on four and a half acres. MPI Coin has moved its operations back to its previous location on Dakota Drive.
The company, which has been growing at a rate of about 20 percent per year, serves the lawn and garden, military, electrical motor, heavy industrial, medical and recreational vehicle markets. It has seven locations, six of which are in Wisconsin.