Industrial past

Glance at Yesteryear

CON-Glance-030617-Industrial-past

This photo, taken by James Conklin circa 1936, shows a view of Milwaukee from the Hiawatha train. In the foreground is Rundle-Spence Mfg. Co., which was founded in 1871 at 445 N. Fourth St. The company patented the bubbler and now is based in New Berlin. John Pritzlaff Hardware Co., which at one time was the largest hardware company in Milwaukee, can also be seen on the left side of the picture. The Pritzlaff building now is occupied by offices, event space and a startup hub.

— This photo is from the Milwaukee Public Museum’s Photo Archives collection. Additional images can be viewed online at www.mpm.edu

Sign up for BizTimes Daily Alerts

Stay up-to-date on the people, companies and issues that impact business in Milwaukee and Southeast Wisconsin

No posts to display